Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 8, 2006, 4:22 PM   #31

Well I expect for simplicity the C6 isusing the USB DeviceClass (0x08 = Card Reader, 0x0E = WebCam) instead of implementingmultiple interfaces.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 4:27 PM   #32

Lol, remi looks like you're problem has been solved now. If you want to use it as a webcam, open the screen. When you want to use it to transfer your files, close the screen (I prefer using the explorer to transfer files instead of the 'Welcome to the Scanner and Camera wizard' mode.

And if you want to use both at the same time, then you have to take the SD card out of the camera and put it in a cardreader or someting.
Bart1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 9:24 AM   #33

Hi
I tried to use the C6 as webcam yesterday using the "square adaptor (with the USB and power)" connector. The USB mass storage worked out fine. However The PC Camera function is giving me a blank screen on the monitor. I checked the settings in Yahoo messnger and there it was called "USB video device". I plug and unplugged , the PC camera was recognized but blank screen on the monitor..

I tried the webcam and scanner tool in the control panel and it was working fine(video present)..I havent tried the docking station yet,, maybe tonight..

if anynone pLease help I really would appreciate it,,also i have the latest updates on my Windows XP.

tahnks
echo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 8:25 PM   #34

HI guys,, please reply..
PC camera works fine (under scanner/cameras in the control panel), but yahoo messenger is giving me a black screen..

The preferences in the yahoo msger is USB video device.. but whener I click the webcam its blank!

help..... thank
Old Aug 7, 2006, 9:16 PM   #35

ok after hours of research. i found a topic with the xacti HD1.. the person used splitcam.. splitcam is a software that function as a virtual webcam. what it does is it plays a video file and sends it to the yahoo/msn ,essenger.

so what I did is I enabled the splitcam,, and selected the USB video device(xacti) as the source..

and then under the yahoo messenger,, i selected splitcam as the source.

so basically splitcam is the bridge between the Xacti and Yahoo msger...

slpitcam is freeware...

Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:09 PM   #36

Does anyone know why these cameras (C6, HD1, etc) only go at 320x240 when working as a webcam? They could probably go higher than that...

Can this splitcam thing somehow allow a higher resolution?
Adamantite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 3:18 PM   #37

What do you do for audio with splitcam (since it doesn't yet support audio stream splitting)? Do you just take the line out from the camera to the line in on the PC?

echo7 wrote:
Quote:
ok after hours of research. i found a topic with the xacti HD1.. the person used splitcam.. splitcam is a software that function as a virtual webcam. what it does is it plays a video file and sends it to the yahoo/msn ,essenger.

so what I did is I enabled the splitcam,, and selected the USB video device(xacti) as the source..

and then under the yahoo messenger,, i selected splitcam as the source.

so basically splitcam is the bridge between the Xacti and Yahoo msger...

slpitcam is freeware...

newbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2006, 2:53 PM   #38

Hi everyone,
Is anyone using the Sanyo C6 with Linux. I can definately detect the sd card but I am trying to get the webcam working and I haven't had much luck. I'm running kernel 2.6.15-26-386, ubuntu. Does anyone know where I can find a kernel module that would work for the C6? I cannot detect the device in /dev/video. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
bkdfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 1:07 PM   #39

I'm having problems related to this discussion.

In my old XP SP1, the Xacti HD1 is recognized as a removable storage and Pict Bridge device. These are necessary to transferfiles off that SD card.It did not work as a camera - which was fine with me. I remember there was no installation at all required to make Windows recognize the Xacti as a removable drive. When connected, it shows upin Device Manager under the sectionsDisk drives and Storage volumes. And if you go into Control Panel-Portable Media Devices, it shows up there too.

Last week, I installed XP SP2 on a new hard drive (still have the old one around). Every time I connect the camera to the USB and go through that CARD READER/PictBridge/PC CAMERA business, the Found New Hardware Wizard comes up. It happens when I select any of them.The Wizard suggests Windowsis looking for drivers for a "SANYO Digital Camera" (that's what the Device Managerand New Hardware Wizardsaythey see butwhich I don't think is necessary to use the card reader and as a webcam). The display on the camera keeps saying CONNECTING CARD READER (if CARD READER was selected) and stays like that.

I checked the System32 and System32/Drivers directories. All the necessary .sys files according to double0jimb0, a previously poster, are already there.

I'm expecting this thing to just work. Yetthe Found New Hardware Wizardkeeps promptingfor theinf file for SANYO Digital Camera. I tried giving it what it wantsincluding using theCD's that came withitbut nothing I tried worked. The drivers on that CD is only for Win98.

UPDATE: It happens also with my MP3 player.With thenew XP SP2, I get aNew Hardware Found Wizardthat demands a driver which I don't have. It correctly identifies the MP3 player brand and model. In the old XP SP1, it's just seen as another generic mass storage device - that's thesimpleway I want it. So is it some kind of new, latest greatest SP2 thing that is causing all this trouble?
Richard Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2006, 1:53 AM   #40

The INF files can be found in C:\WINDOWS\inf.

When you go through the New Hardware Found Wizard, when you are asked for the location of the driver, just point it to the your hard drive. There is an abundance of driver INF files already loaded.

The mistake I made was that because the Wizard pointed to CD's and floppies by default when looking for INF files, I searched in vain. I was unaware of C:\WINDOWS\inf.

That is a hidden folder so you might want to use Tools > Folder Options > View > Show hidden files and folders.
Richard Lee is offline   Reply With Quote