Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Dec 29, 2005, 1:46 PM   #1

Are there any differences between Sanyo VPC-C6 and Sanyo DMX-V6 ? Can't really decide which one to get ?
remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2005, 2:04 PM   #2
Administrator

As far as I know the DMX is for the Japanese market and the VPC is for the rest of the world. The camera itself is identical, the major differences would be the power plug for the AC adapter, possibly the software package and some market areas also bundle an SD card.

I got the VPC-C6 from Plemix.com and my package had a Euro AC plug but there was also a U.S. 2-prong plug adapter in the package as well.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 2:52 PM   #3

Does the model DMX-C6 has english manual and what languages are the choose in camera settings. Thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 2:57 PM   #4

I got a DMX from warehouse123, it was set for Japanese but it took me less than 60 seconds to figure out how to change it to English. The manuals and all information was all in Japanese, but they shipped the Sanyo Software Pack 7.5 with the package, and the English manual was in there in PDF format. The warranty is useless in North America at this point, but they promised to do all repairs under warranty for 12 months so I'm not too worried.

According to the book, the language setting does not revert to any default setting if the camera is reset, so now that I set it to English, that's the language it communicates in.

Somebody said they specified that they wanted the VPC model only, not the DMX, for their order with warehouse123 and that's what they got, so perhaps that's the way to do it? However they got the European plug, no North American one. However, the cord is much like the one that works on a shaver, somebody said they bought the 2-prong one from Radio Shack for $3. No big deal.

On the other hand, if you wait just a few weeks, Sanyo will release it in North America... no more VPC/DMX problems...
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 3:13 PM   #5

I only wonder if price drops if Sanyo will be relased in US in January or jumps up back over $500

Anyone knows at what retail price is to Sanyo C6 when it gets released in January.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 3:27 PM   #6

This has all been coved already before... The C6 will now be available in the US only in February(according to Sanyo's web site, apparently delayed from original press release), at a MSRP of $599(according to press release). Of course street prices will be lower. remi, you mighttry reading some of theexisting threads in this forum...
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 3:37 PM   #7

Steve, I really liked your review on Sanyo C5....can you comment on picutre quality on Sanyo C6 now that it has 6 mega pixels. Is the image sharper ?
Old Dec 29, 2005, 4:15 PM   #8

If you get a english manual or not depends on where you order the DMX. I ordered it at Digital revolution (ebay) and there you get an english manual with it. They are also not very expensive.
Bart1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 5:57 PM   #9

How much did you pay and how fast did they ship. Whats item # cuz I cant find them on ebay. Thanks.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:29 PM   #10

hi

digital revs item number is 7576458368 and the cost is £263 + £30 postage to

uk
pixelighter is offline   Reply With Quote