Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 1, 2006, 7:12 PM   #1

this camera is SO AWESOME and cool i am very happy. also big thumbs up to warehouse123 they were great.

Can anyone recommend a FREE place to host my videos? or how can i set up a stream of them so my friends and family can view them easily? i am a little confused with this???

THANKS!!! for the Suggestions and help!!
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:43 PM   #2

youtube.com free and up to 100mb per clip i think.
killahb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 9:01 AM   #3

I'd recommend Googling "free video logs" or "vlogging resources".* There are quite a few sites that offer free services to host small videos, however the totally free ones often have stricter bandwidth limitation or maximum file sizes.So if you plan to make a serious hobby of this, you might want to get your own server space.* I just registered a domain and bought two year's worth of hosting at http://www.godaddy.com - and it was only US$75. * *There may be even cheaper deals about, but a friend had recommended GoDaddy, and so far I am very happy with it.This way you get your own URL too, which is always nice
istara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 9:59 AM   #4

thanks killahb and istara! much appreicated. i will look into both. a couple of more question have come up in the search for the best way to share video:

(1) anyone here of sharegear2004? it seems its a p2p software for $20 that let people on to a designated folder on your computer with a password.

is it any good? is it spyware filled (probably)?

(2) say i got webspace on godaddy how do you make streams of the video? do you need to convert .mp4 to .wmv or something like that?

THANKS
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:20 PM   #5

istara what deal exactly did you get from godaddy for 75?

killahb also youtube is pretty good thanks!!!

also one more question that i am SO CONFUSED on. the file format .mp4 is a quicktime format? if so whats the best way to share .mp4 files with people who dont know quicktime from wmp etc etc etc. when i send or host .mp4 files how will people open them? they do not open in wmp? so i am confused do i need to tell people to download quicktime or should i just convert the files to avi for them? if so that seems like a pain.

please help me.

THANKS!!!
Old Jan 9, 2006, 11:39 AM   #6

undurdog55 - I got:* two-year .com domain registration - US$11.44* privacy feature (hides my name on WhoIS) - US$3.90* two-year economy hosting with PHP - US$75.84Also when I had a problem with some DNS configuration errors, they correctly guessed what setting was wrong in my account, replying to my help query (via email, so no expensive premium-rate support calls) within a couple of hours.I also recommend that anyone wanting to host video on the web puts Google Ads on their site, if traffic gets heavy, the ads should help pay for a bandwidth upgrade.*EDIT:* I use these forums in Safari and no matter what I try, I cannot get any formatting to work.* I looked in the help section but nothing.* It's also really slow/unresponsive even typing in this box, like I'm typing in treacle or something.
istara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 1:34 PM   #7

thanks for the info!!