Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:11 PM   #1

Hi again, it's me a newbie. I noticed that there has not been a thread done about good places to purchases the C6 from. I am trying to save some money (who isn't?), if and when i purchase this. I have seen it on EBAY going for about $400 with about $50 for shipping. I am curious if anyone has any "hot" leads on good pricing, it being after Xmas and all, I figured it would be a good time to start to seriously look atthe prices. Thanks again, and thank you Steve for having such a great forum!! I feel like I just found a new library!!!

Aaron
thejager is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:23 PM   #2

i can say that warehouse123 was a great place to order from 494 with shipping.
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 12:24 AM   #3
Administrator

Folks we would rather you NOT use forums to offer places to buy cameras from. One person's buyingexperience may not necessarily be another person's experience. To check out a dealer before purchase be sure to see:

http://www.resellerratings.com

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 1:03 AM   #4

sorry, my fault...i was just curious. and regardless, people having "different experiences"seemed obvious, I would never make a decision based on one person's opinion, but having a place where you can observe multiple "single person" opinions. i kind of thought was the point of these types of forums. Nevertheless, ifthat is what Steve wants we shoudl respect his words, so please don't respond to this topic anymore, and i apologize that i started it.

aaron
thejager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 8:06 PM   #5

• .[/*]One shop told me that the C6 would be arriving in the UAE around 20th January, but I rarely believe dates given out here.
  • .[/*]Interestingly, this shop was selling the C5 for US$680 including a 1gig card two weeks ago.
  • .[/*]That C5 is now marked as US$544, and he said he would sell it to me for US$435
  • .[/*]He said the C6 would be selling for around US$544 when it arrives.* I bought the C6 from Warehouse 123 for US$459, plus US$30 postage, so US$489.* Unfortunately I got screwed for VAT, as I shipped it via the UK (I don't trust the postal service in the UAE, couriering it from the UK is safer; in retrospect I could have seen if Warehouse123 would have done courier directly here, but I prefer to pay more for a trusted route with valuable items) but even with VAT and the extra courier charge the total has only been US$579, plus I can claim the VAT back.
  • .[/*]Either way, it was US$684 on Purely Gadgets, which nearly made me faint with horror.* And that did not include international delivery.
  • .[/*]Pity the Swedes though - it seems to be US$742 on their websites!!
istara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 11:19 AM   #6

My vife is asking me to buy it finally, but I can't. Warehouse123 got several negative reviews here and there.

And I have personal negative experience those Brooklyne stores: "broadway photo", A&M photo world, digital liquidators, preferred photo, "prestige camera", etc.

They all are the same shop with different websites, or at least controlled by same mob. I bouth a $800 item and was overcharged by $200+. It took me weeks of negotiations to return it for $70 loss, and the refund was posted 2 months after return.
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:02 PM   #7

I would prefer staying away from those camera shops around NY area. I had some bad experience with them.

My experience with warehouse123.com is very good. I ordered my C4 & C6 from them before. Their customer service is good and all of my purchase arrived on time. I recommend them.
MP4-19B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:23 PM   #8

MP4-19B wrote:
Quote:
I would prefer staying away from those camera shops around NY area. I had some bad experience with them.

My experience with warehouse123.com is very good. I ordered my C4 & C6 from them before. Their customer service is good and all of my purchase arrived on time. I recommend them.
I worry how they will deal with dead pixel problem. In G&R, I will just stop by and replace the camera in store.
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote