Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 6, 2006, 11:51 AM   #11

stain wrote:
Quote:
Androxylo wrote:
Quote:
Not worth waiting for me. Most of the time one will find shooting video in 640x480 mode anyway. The 10x zoom is useless without tripod. Sounds strange, but this device is practically equivalent to c6
No doubt, for one without an HD TV set this toy is rather pointless.

Not true. You want your recorded media to be the highest quality possible, since you can always manipulate it or compress to whatever size you want in your editing program. It's the same for taking pictures: always record on the highest resolution to give you more options later. You can always decrease the resolution, but you can't ever increase it except through crappy software extrapolation. One day (soon) your TV and DVD player WILL be HD, and you will appreciate the extra resolution you are taking now. I don't know about you, but I'm recording memories with my C6 that I hope will last forever. And if you are burning to DVDs as I am, you will notice the difference NOW, not later.

I JUST bought the C6, and I can't wait to upgrade in March. Anyonewant to buya slightly used VPC-C6? :-)
dcpmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 12:18 PM   #12

dcpmark wrote:
Quote:
stain wrote:
Quote:
Androxylo wrote:
Quote:
Not worth waiting for me. Most of the time one will find shooting video in 640x480 mode anyway. The 10x zoom is useless without tripod. Sounds strange, but this device is practically equivalent to c6
No doubt, for one without an HD TV set this toy is rather pointless.

Not true. You want your recorded media to be the highest quality possible, since you can always manipulate it or compress to whatever size you want in your editing program. It's the same for taking pictures: always record on the highest resolution to give you more options later. You can always decrease the resolution, but you can't ever increase it except through crappy software extrapolation. One day (soon) your TV and DVD player WILL be HD, and you will appreciate the extra resolution you are taking now. I don't know about you, but I'm recording memories with my C6 that I hope will last forever. And if you are burning to DVDs as I am, you will notice the difference NOW, not later.

I JUST bought the C6, and I can't wait to upgrade in March. Anyonewant to buya slightly used VPC-C6? :-)
100% with you. however the C6 might be my favorite purchase ever!!!!! i might keep it and i am 100% upgrading in march as well.

i already got a video of my son that make the c6 worth its weight in GOLD!!
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 12:46 PM   #13

My wife absolutely loves her C6. The past few weeks I had the chance to play with a bunch of the pocket mpeg4 camcorders (check out the hybrid forum) and the C6 blows them all away. The hybrid cams are a little bigger than the c6, take crappy low light video, and do not have a optical zoom. I can't believe sanyo squeezed a optical zoom into such a small package.
The hybrids are not meant to be high quality. They are meant to do 6-8 functions(video/stills/mp3/storage/etc) at a 'ok' performance level. The sanyo c6 does video at a great level, and stills at a decent level... IMO.
I will get the HD1 for my wife to carry in her purse when we go do family type of stuff. That's what makes these things so nice, they are ultra portable. My wife and I never use our minidv camcorder, just because we don't want to lug it around in public. Now with the C6, she is always recording stuff.
Bob C
bobbyc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 12:55 PM   #14

The HD1 was featured in Thursdays (1/05) Wall Street Journal (Section D1-above the fold) with a picture of the camera and a small article.
caspermi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 1:21 PM   #15

bobbyc03 wrote:
Quote:
My wife absolutely loves her C6. The past few weeks I had the chance to play with a bunch of the pocket mpeg4 camcorders (check out the hybrid forum) and the C6 blows them all away. The hybrid cams are a little bigger than the c6, take crappy low light video, and do not have a optical zoom. I can't believe sanyo squeezed a optical zoom into such a small package.
The hybrids are not meant to be high quality. They are meant to do 6-8 functions(video/stills/mp3/storage/etc) at a 'ok' performance level. The sanyo c6 does video at a great level, and stills at a decent level... IMO.
I will get the HD1 for my wife to carry in her purse when we go do family type of stuff. That's what makes these things so nice, they are ultra portable. My wife and I never use our minidv camcorder, just because we don't want to lug it around in public. Now with the C6, she is always recording stuff.
Bob C
BINGO!! Said perfectly. HD to boot. Sign me up!
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 11:06 PM   #16

Street price?
beltsazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 9:41 PM   #17

Constant aperture of 3.5 throughout the zoom range? That's superb!!
tranworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 10:41 PM   #18

And I forgot what FAT it uses? FAT32? Since the videowill generate huge file, one should have the capability to use 4Gb card
tranworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:51 PM   #19

More video of the HD1 at CES from Engadget this time. Again, not very informative, just interesting.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 1:40 PM   #20

10X optical zoom, yet no OIS?....tsk tsk.
theranman is offline   Reply With Quote