Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 8, 2006, 5:34 AM   #1

I just found the best gadget the solves my frustration with shooting low light with our sanyo c6:G GET A PHOTON FREEDOM MICRO:http://www.photonlight.com/products/...cro/index.html

This pocket light is the strongest LED light available(amazing brightness)... 1 microlight can light up a big room.. enough to get sharp and clear images! How can we do it? Buy a stick-on velco and attach the photon beside the microphone or on top of your c5/c6. this way it can light up 180" of your view. The only problem is you will get so much attention on how bright this light can be (butwith the new photon it is now adjustable). I advise to get the turquoise(brightest) and white so you still get the right colors. ENJOY!!
pork is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2006, 1:51 PM   #2

http://www.photonlight.com/products/freedom_micro/index.html

Well it works for you, but I do not concider it as a solution.

Bart1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 11:57 AM   #3

Hmm, that looks really interesting! You say you bought two lights, turquoise and white, and that gave good colors? If these are that bright how long do the batteries last?

Thanks very much for the suggestion, I do believe I will give it a try! Even if it doesn't work, the little flashlight looks downright handy all by itself.

Edit: Oh, Caelum mentionedawhile agothe possibility of using CameraBright with the Xacti, it screws onto the tripod mount at the bottom of the camera. That could be a little nicer than the velcro solution.

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 6:51 AM   #4

I don´t get it. The C6 does have a flashlight doesnt it? The LED´s are giving more light in comparison with the flashlight???
Bart1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 1:02 PM   #5

I have a quick release on the bottom of my camera so the camerabrightwill not work.

But that flashlight is awesome, I have no time to get one before my trip.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 3:07 PM   #6

pagerboy wrote:
Quote:
I have a quick release on the bottom of my camera so the camerabrightwill not work.

But that flashlight is awesome, I have no time to get one before my trip.
Do all c6 models come with "quick-release"? I never saw what it is...
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 4:20 PM   #7

The quick release shoe is a tripod mount that stays screwed onto the bottom of the camera, so when you want to put the camera on or off the tripod you just push a lever rather than do/undo a thumbscrew. I have one for my tripod but I don'tkeep it on because I can't put the leather case on the C6 with the shoe on.

Actually, you could use the camerabright with a quick release shoe. The camerabright has a 1/4" internal thread on the bottom (not shown on the photo), so you'd screw the camerabright onto the camera and the shoe onto the camerabright. In fact, you could stack a number of camerabright lights together beneath the camera (they say don't do more than 4, but that's assuming a camcorder heavier than the Xacti). For $5 more they have a light with a sturdier metal screw rather than the plastic screw, but I don't think that's really necessary with the C6.

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 9:18 AM   #8

Bart1981 wrote:
Quote:
I don´t get it. The C6 does have a flashlight doesnt it? The LED´s are giving more light in comparison with the flashlight???
no light for video only a flash. like most small cameras the flash is very weak.
deal2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 1:02 AM   #9

Does camerabright really solve the problem?
PLease help me guys...~

Also, is it possible to take gr8 pictures @ concerts with the c6?
SClubUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 3:06 PM   #10

Bumping this thread to ask if anyone has used the Camerbright on the C6? Is the product bulky in comparison to the size of the camera?
cwalkertx is offline   Reply With Quote