Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 11, 2006, 9:11 AM   #1

First up, Akihabara News' HD1 blog entry, they have posted a video taken with the HD1 of an HD1 along with photos of the device with an add on (wide)lens. It's a short video, and notvery interesting and is many times out of focus, but it does show the high resolution and they explain it's a beta firmware and was shot in a "dark" room.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:16 AM   #2

That looks to be a very nice camera.Akhibara gave many close-up images and it looks really nice! What I like are the new features: HD, 10x optical zoom, and the screw-onauxiliary lens. What I would hope for is better image quality from the CCD... but that looks to be one nice machine! Their sample flash movie looks excellent, especially the outdoor segment.

I like the new remote control, that is a major improvement,though I am thinking of just buying a programmable remote andputting awaythe mini one they sent with my C6.

Edit: Oh, here's something important from Akhibara:

The HD1 has roughly the same dimensions as the C6, but the lens is a bit bigger (f=6.3-63mm, which gives in 35mm 38-380mm), the flash light is stuck to the top and it has a 5.1MP resolution. It supports SD cards up to 2GB.

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 2:53 PM   #3

Neat. My C6 I ordered for my wife for xmas is plagued with dead pixels. The place I ordered it from is letting me return it for service, but I'm sure they're replace it.
I just emailed them asking if theres any way I can return the C6, and then pay the difference for a DMX-HD1. It is coming out in february overseas. I hope they say yes!
Bob C
bobbyc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 5:38 PM   #4

Looks pretty good! One of my peeves with the C6 is its erradic auto-focus, even in decent light. It would be interesting to see the HD video raw in its native resolution. If the HD1 is indeed being released overseas in February then I might just sell my gently used C6 and then get the HD1. With the bigger lens and stronger flash, I'm hoping still image quality will be improved.
FIlmchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:23 AM   #5

There seems to be some confusion here. There is an actual video takenwith the HD1 (ofan HD1)available for download from that blog entry, it's the 20MB .MP4 file only. However, Akihabara News does not have a final HD1 and the flash video in that blog entry was NOTrecorded with the HD1, but rather with a tape based HD camcorder. If you want to see moreof thatvideo of the HD1 (not filmed withan HD1), check out their HD TV blog entry (only availablefor downloadviabittorrent, if you don't know what bittorrent is,don't bother). Edit: Actually it's the exact same content as the flash video, but in full WMV HD.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 5:58 AM   #6

Ah, yes, I thought the video blog was shot with the HD1! Thanks for pointing that out, Caleum.

I've taken a look at their short "test" video and I must say, I'm not impressed. It looks pretty much like video shot on the C6 but in16:9. The improvement on resolution leaves a lot to be desired.
FIlmchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:58 AM   #7

http://citv.dip.jp/hd06/sanyo-hd1.wmv

Check out that hd video. It really does the HD1 justice IMO. It's 46 megabytes though. And I had to download it twice. The first time the file was corrupted or something and windows media player wouldn't play it. 2nd time worked.
Bob C
Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:06 PM   #8

bobbyco3

I tried countless time, to download the HD1 video file, but every time WMP reaches 95% it stops saying the file is corrupted. If you are still able to download it, could you try to save it on your machine and repost the file somewhere.

Thanks
scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:11 PM   #9

Hi,
I can't repost it since I don't have any webspace to do so I think I only have 5 megabytes of webspace.
Perhaps somebody at the original site I discovered the link can help.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=58228

A lot of people seem to have trouble viewing the clip. Hopefully somebody can mirror it.
Sorry I couldn't help.
Bob C
Old Jan 15, 2006, 7:18 PM   #10

Finally came through, dont know why, but well..

Pretty nice , although I do not have an HD TV to view on, it sure makes it nice when sent to my regular TV at 1024x 768. The question will be what low light looks like, as the lens is only F3.5, and also how the auto focus will behave in low light, which is a weak point of the C6

scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote