Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 12, 2006, 5:43 PM   #1

Not sure if I'm just being dumb here but I can't see any of my video or photo files on the C6 after connecting it to the PC.

I've hooked up the C6 through the docker in WinXP and the nice lady says "PC connection mode". WinXP recognises the C6 as a removable disk in explorer but there's no files on it! Did I miss something? the files are definately there. Do I need to install something else?

Thx.
Panita is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2006, 5:56 PM   #2

Double click on the Xacti icon. Then double click on the DCIM icon. Then double click on the 100 Sanyo icon and you should see your files.

Alternatively, if you've installed the Ulead photo express software on your PC, when you connect the camera I little window should appear asking you if you want to open Ulead Photo Explorer to view photos. If you click "yes," Ulead Photo Explorer will launch and automatically open all the photos and videos on your camera.
gusher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 6:16 PM   #3

Well that's just it there is nothing there, not even the DCIM folder, weird.

I don't have Photo Explorer as Warehouse123 sent me the DMX version with the copied Sanyo software pack, in any case it should work without that.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 6:23 PM   #4

Oh, try clicking on "My Computer" and look for a new drive called "Xacti C6", and open up that one. It'll be a new drive letter, probably E: (C: is the hard drive and D: would be the CD drive). It's usually the next open letter.

If you had a Mac, a new volume would appear on the desktop called "Xacti C6", you'd just open up that folder like any other hard drive.

I've got the DMX-C6 too, and I was able to access all my files this way. I haven't installed any Ulead software yet....
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 7:24 PM   #5

Strange, WinXP seems to be a bit tempremetal in recognizing the C6 files. Sometimes after putting it in the docker or hitting the connect button on the docker WinXP gives me the drive window with options on what to do with the files, and all is fine. Other times it doesn't seem to pick up the C6 files at all.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 9:42 AM   #6

Might want to check that your USB (or motherboard) device drivers are up to date.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote