Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 25, 2006, 12:05 AM   #1

Recently, my VPC-C6 from warehouse123.com has been acting up. I bought it before new year's, and its been working fine for 3 weeks. When in camera mode, half the time I turn the camera on, it automatically goes to autofocus. Its as if I am half depressing the shutter button, but my finger is no where near it. Once in autofocus, the camera is useless, all other menus are locked. But sometimes when I open the camera, I do not have this problem. It seems almost software related.

The first time this happened I had been skiing all day with the camera, no major spils or water on the camera, then back home that night it started acting up. Incredibly frustrating when you have to power cycle the camera a number of times before its working properly.

Second, the red eye correct corrupts the picture half of the time. This is incredibly frustrating when the picture is a good one and you did not keep the original...

But now the good part:
I contacted warehouse123.com who said THEY will handle all warrenty claims, after the first email they asked for my serial number, since then I have not heard a single thing in a week in a half. I need a 100% functional camera for a trip coming up, and I dont have time to %#$# around with a shady vendor. Warehouse123.com originally came across as legit, but now I am not so sure.

Anyone else had problems with them? Or any get a caller ID from thier initial "address verification"? Please PM me with details.

newC6user is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:40 AM   #2

Hm, that's a shame. If you care to, I think credit cards allow up to a month to reverse charges, but I think that applies only if the camera never arrived. Most credit cards also have purchase protection plans which allow you to put your warranty claim to THEM, though I'm sure they'd want to wait until the warehouse123 warranty expires first (1 year) or is proven to be non-existent. I'd say call your credit card company for details.

So far my experience has been good. My camera arrivedmissing the second CD rom in the Sanyo software pack 7.5, which had the Ulead software. It wasn't much of a biggee because I bought a pioneer DVD burner drive which, by coincidence, had nearly the same software pack, except it was not MP4 compatible (no matter with MP4Cam2AVI). I e-mailed Joe and he sent the second CD without any problem, though it took a couple weeks to arrive. Even then I wound up getting Cyberlink software instead.

Personally, if I had valued good service over good price, I would have paid $100 more for the Sony M2 at the Sony Store, they offer fantastic service, immediately, it just costs more. But, I prefered the low-light video capability of the C6 (it really does work better.. so long as it works).
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 12:58 PM   #3

Grunchy, I had pretty bad experience with Sony customer service, so don't praise them. When they discontinue a sertain model of something, they immediately stop selling accessories, like batteries, etc. I called Sony to ask if they can sell me a replacement battery and they told me to go to eBay. I did, but I've paid about $100 (!!)more than list price for a simple battery.
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 2:34 PM   #4

Well, that's one reason I never bought Sony too. I didn't like the proprietary battery nor the proprietary memory stick. Granted Sanyo has a proprietary battery, but I got a clone for $15 and so far (touch wood) it still works as good as the original. Plus, all the Sanyo Xacti cameras use the same battery, which sound great to me.

I just mentioned the Sony Store because I bought a microphone from them a month back, and it didn't work (through no fault of theirs, turns out some Dell computers have lousy audio chips in 'em). They gave me a refund promptly and cheerfully. I appreciated it.
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote