Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jan 31, 2006, 7:34 AM   #1

I've found a shop on ebay UK selling the C6 for £239 + £20 shipping, which seems almost too good to be true! Its listed as new, they are based in Dudley, so there's no import duty.... they had 2 in stock, so I've taken a punt and ordered one.

The seller com2buy is a platinum seller with nearly 99% positive feedback, so hopefully not TOO much of a gamble!

The link is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=7585676639

Anyway, I'll report back in case anyone else is interested in getting one from them (if the transaction goeswell I guess!) as the only other place in the UK I can find it is purelygadgets for £379 - ow!

I'm getting this to replace my C5 which despite being on the whole fantastic suffers a bit in low light video situations (as everyone probably knows!), so I'm hoping the C6 will improve on that (I'm not expecting miracles, but any kind of improvement will be better), and my missus can't wait to get her hands on the C5, as its a white one which she thought was 'cool'.
vincesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2006, 10:14 AM   #2

Just released today at J&R in US, in stock and ready to order.
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 4:31 AM   #3

Hi again,

The C6 camee yesterday afternoon, 2 days after ordering, so pretty good. Its actually a DMX-C6, so a 'domestic' version, not the export VPC-C6.

They'd thrown in a photocopied copy of the English manual, which saved me having to print off the one from here!

All in all, pretty pleased with it for the price! Of course, if it goes wrong in the first year, not quite sure how I'll be covered warranty-wise, but fingers crossed!!

I've noticed a few differences in the menus from the C5, but on the whole very similar.

vince
vincesd is offline   Reply With Quote