Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 3, 2006, 12:22 PM   #11

Gusher, you could take it to a store that sells C6 and compare low-light video performance. If it really is faulty, then contact your credit card & invoke its purchase protection plan (if it has one). My Visa has purchase protection insurance that protects against this exact situation.
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 10:21 PM   #12

Androxylo wrote:
Quote:
Folks - c6 is already in US with full warranty and 30-days return - don't try to save $50 and then get into trouble! Gusher, it is pity :-(
I agree there is no point in buying from an importer at this time. But when I bought mine in mid-December, I was in a big hurry because I was taking my family to Disneyland for Christmas and really wanted the C6 for that. I knew I was taking a risk with the warranty because Plemix was clear that if something went wrong after the first 7 days, you are SOL.

I'll look into grunchy's suggestions to compare my camera against one in a store, because I'm not even sure it is defective. I'll also look into whether my card has purchaser's protection if I find out the camera is defective.
gusher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 10:57 PM   #13

Grunchy wrote:
Quote:
[...]Noise ninja or neat image are must-have applications, luckily you can apply them at any time in the future (if the software is too expensive today,[...]
The Neat Image "Demo" versionis free for non-commercial use and it works great. Don't let theterm "Demo" version dissuade you, it's fully functional,has no time limit andthe "slightly-limited functionality" (their words) may not even affect you.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 4:07 PM   #14

Hey that's right, the Neat Image "demo" is not time limited!

There's a program somebody put together, which seems extremely complicated, but it creates a MS-DOS batch program to use Neat Image to reduce the noise of AVI files, one frame at a time. You can find it using Google "neat batch". I've tried it and had not any success, plus it seems like a gigantic hassle to get it to work. Has anybody else tried this?
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote