Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 7, 2006, 2:34 PM   #11

I just got a C6 and there are 2 CDs that came with it. I believe there's Ulead in one that will allow you to do basic editing. I'm just not too sure if it also has DVD burning option. Maybe you can try it.

I use Vegas Video and don't have any sync problems. From experience, a slow PC or one that has too many apps running in memory can cause the same problems you're facing especially when transcoding one format to another.
mc_oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 6:13 PM   #12

agrees with mc_oliver:

Ulead DVD Movie Factory - you can open the video file in the program (unlike Ulead Video Studio that you have to play the camcorder tape for capture), do the editing, transition, commentary etc., and it has DVD burning ability.

http://www.ulead.com/dmf/dmf_stand/features.htm
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 6:34 PM   #13

mpg4 is not listed as an input option on the specs for ulead movie factory 4 at: http://www.ulead.com/dmf/dmf_stand/dmf4_features.pdf
collinsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 11:23 PM   #14

In that case you have to convert the MP4 format of the Sanyo video into DIVX AVI first.

You may have to install the DIVX codec as well, just in case the Ulead software does not support DIVX, but I honestly doubt because DIVX is now one of the most popular MPEG-4 codec out there (apart from Windows Media WMV, which comes with all Windows).

Read my explanation posted in another thread about "editing MP4":

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=27&page=1

You only need the MP4CAM2AVI conversion and DIVX codec installation steps - your Ulead can handle the editing of the converted video file afterwards. If you have used Ulead product, I am sure you should be familiar with the user interface.

NOTE: I don't have Ulead Movie Factory (but I have the older Video Studio) - just in case the Movie Factory cannot handle the AAC audio format of the Sanyo video, in MP4CAM2AVI you should also choose to convert the audio to PCM (= WAV or "uncompressed" format), again just on the safe side.

MP4CAM2AVI conversion and codec installation takes only a few (<5) minutes, so the video file modification should not take up too much time before you can use Ulead to edit and convert/ burn the video to DVD.

Good luck on getting this to work!
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 10:53 AM   #15

I wonder what is the best software for the following task: I want to just trim native c6 movies and glue parts together. I don't want to recode anything as I'm totally happy with native mpg4 format. I hope it's possible to make that kind of editing extremely fast. Thanks!
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 2:58 PM   #16

The movie factory software that comes with the C6 is the "Sanyo Version", which does support MP4 video files.

I got another copy of Movie Factory with my Pioneer DVD recorder drive, and that one did not support MP4, however it was a piece of cake to convert to AVI using the MP4CAM2AVI software.
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 3:51 PM   #17

Androxylo, you are looking for split/join tools for MP4 files? The only free one I know about is the command lineMP4Box. Check out bond'sMP4 FAQ at Doom9 for info on the currently available tools, point 3)part 4). Quicktime Pro will join/split without re-encoding but itwill storethe resultin a .MOV only, not an .MP4.If you don't mindtransfering to AVI (MP4Cam2AVI doesn't re-encode either (unless you choose to do so for audio)sozero loss of quality), then there are many free tools to split/join them (like VirtualDub).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:19 PM   #18

Thanks for answers!
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote