Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 7, 2006, 2:14 AM   #1

Hello,

i am back from my vacation with a 1 hour movie cut in 40 video clips. i am pleased with the quality of this little camera. Now i want to put this movie on a DVD but i have no idea on how can i do that!!!! My first concern is how to join these 40 clips to make one continous movie ? then what do i have to do to be able to burn this movie on a DVD ? Do i have to convert the video in an AVI format if yes how can i do it ? As you see i am a total novice but ready to learn!!!

Also i have noticed in two of my video clips took in the mountain that there is a very small white dot who appear for a few seconds move and disappear. i am not sure but it looks like a white pixel. Any suggestion ?

Thanks for your advices.
luisde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2006, 11:50 PM   #2

luisde wrote:
Quote:
Hello,

i am back from my vacation with a 1 hour movie cut in 40 video clips. i am pleased with the quality of this little camera. Now i want to put this movie on a DVD but i have no idea on how can i do that!!!! My first concern is how to join these 40 clips to make one continous movie ? then what do i have to do to be able to burn this movie on a DVD ? Do i have to convert the video in an AVI format if yes how can i do it ? As you see i am a total novice but ready to learn!!!

Also i have noticed in two of my video clips took in the mountain that there is a very small white dot who appear for a few seconds move and disappear. i am not sure but it looks like a white pixel. Any suggestion ?

Thanks for your advices.
ok, i found by myself the answer to my first question. I use mp4toavi.

Now does anyone has suggestion for this white pixel dot who are moving on two of my video ?
Old Feb 9, 2006, 12:19 AM   #3

Hi luiside,

RE: DVD conversion and burning

I am glad you found something for this. In fact, many video editing software support MP4, and most also convert to DVD with DVD burning ability, because DVD is the standard removable medium nowadays.

I also posted something for collinsk in another thread which you may find helpful - convert MP4 to AVI, install DIVX codec, and use Ulead Movie Factory to convert to DVD and burn on disk:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=27

(towards the end of the thread)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: "dancing white dot"

I am afraid you have a "hot pixel" - a defective CCD image sensor where a light-sensing unit is "stuck" in the "on" position all the time. If you take a still picture, you will see it in a fixed location as a tiny white square. The reason it dances around in the movie is that the scene and your hands are never absolutely still when you shoot a movie.

If you notice this as soon as you bought the camera and you have a warranty, you should send it back for an exchange.
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 1:40 AM   #4

i converted my C6 video on AVI with mp4toAvi then i encoded the AVI with Roxio to create a DVD and burn. Everything was fine image and sound before i burn. Now i play the DVD on my TV and the image quality is good but the sound horrible, lot of distortion in the voice!!! not like the sound of the preview before burning. Soi am wondering ifthe problem comes from my burner software Roxio or somthing else? any suggestions welcome !

thanks.

Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:23 AM   #5

I don't use Roxio so I can't tell you what the exact problem is with the audio. However, you can try this on MP4CAM2AVI:

Under "Audio format", choose "PCM uncompressed". Convert the video then use Roxio and see if it works.

If this does not work, under "Audio format" again, check "use advanced setting" and press the <Advance setting> button. Check "resample to 24000 Hz" (and/or "mono output", probably irrelevant).

Try different audio settings. I can't guarantee success but worth a try.
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote