Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 26, 2006, 3:20 AM   #11

ok now i am returning my C6, i found today 2 more dead white pixels soa total of 5!!!!!!! this is annoying when youshot a video in low light. it looks like my sensor is really defective because first i had one then three and now five ??????
luisde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 9:07 AM   #12

If they show up only in low light, they are "hot" pixels.* *If they show up in any light, they are dead or stuck pixels.
Tom in AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 3:14 PM   #13

I just picked up a new C6 and already found one HUGE (maybe a combination of 2 or 3) dead pixel, and 2 other tiny ones! Very annoying when viewing videos. Going to get it exchanged tommorow. I hope this isn't a on going defect. Anyone experience this as a on going problem! Can't be the LCD display but something inside the barrel or lense!

oshkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 4:01 PM   #14

Hi,
Probably not something on the lens, that would be out of focus and probably wouldn't look like a dead pixel(s) at all.

Dead or hot pixels are very annoying, especially with image stabilization turned on. When you play back the video, you see the dead or hot pixels wandering around the screen.
Bob C
bobbyc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 11:37 PM   #15

oshkosh wrote:
Quote:
I just picked up a new C6 and already found one HUGE (maybe a combination of 2 or 3) dead pixel, and 2 other tiny ones! Very annoying when viewing videos. Going to get it exchanged tommorow. I hope this isn't a on going defect. Anyone experience this as a on going problem! Can't be the LCD display but something inside the barrel or lense!

is it a VPC or a DMX model ? looks like lot of DMX have dead/hot pixels, i don't know about the VPC model ?
luisde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 1:41 PM   #16

It's the VPC C6. Exchanged it for another one and so far no issues....crossing my fingers so it won't become an ongoing issue!
oshkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 3:19 PM   #17

Hi there,

I also bought a VPC C6 and it had like four or five dead pixels together so I returned it and I got a new one. Sure enough this one also has a dead pixel but it is only noticeable if I zoom in. Hopefully it will stay that way because the previous one had only one or two dead pixels at the beginning and in three days it got worse.

It looks like this camera has very poor quality sensor which is very disappointing. My brother has the C5 and hasn't had any issues.

What would you do if you got only one dead pixel? Should I settle and thanks God is only one or should I try and get a new one (taking the risk of getting something worse!!)?

Seriously I am quite frustrated. I love the concept of this little toy but to see "dancing pixels" in your videos is really annoying.

If there were more options out there I would buy a different brand altogether but what else can you get that meets the same characteristics?
CristinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 3:47 PM   #18

Me again,

I said "dead pixels" but I think I mean "hot pixels". They are not totally white and they appear especially in darker pictures and videos. I realize you can also see it now on the screen too. So far is still one but I'm having second thoughts whether I should keep the camera or return it for a full refund now that I can (I just got it). How frustrating....
Old Apr 16, 2006, 4:10 PM   #19

Hi there....

I'm not sure if anyone is reading this thread but I thought I don't have anything to lose so here is my new post. As of today, I have gotten my third Xacti C6 by Sanyo and it has the same problem with dead pixels (or whatever they are called, I don't care at this point) so I'm returning it on Monday and getting something else. I'm so sad about this. My brother has the C5 and he loves it. I've seen his pictures and they are perfect. I wonder if Sanyo knows about this problem. Everytime I call them they say that this model is not in the US yet but I bought it online (J&R). At any rate, very frustrating experience for a product that otherwiseseems to bereally promising. Anyone out there to comment? Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2006, 10:59 AM   #20

Did you return it J&R or did you contact Sanyo directly and get an exchange from them?
qtrim is offline   Reply With Quote