Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:55 AM   #11

Yeah, you need a horizontal screen resolution of at least 1280 to see HD1 video properly, otherwise it will be scaled down, which can skew things. I downloaded all of the samples posted on that thread so far and they all play smoothly and lookvery good on my PC, I'm impressed. Although I found them a little dark overall, the noise is a lot less noticeable in full-screen than the C6 because the pixels have a much higher density. The 10X optical zoom looks like it works well (T3.mp4), not too noisy, but of course, handheld, it's difficult not to shake.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:55 AM   #12

I noticed the HD1 for sale at both Plemix.com and Warehouse123.com (a little cheaper at Warehouse123).

Hmm!
Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:07 PM   #13

NYTimes has a pretty good review of the HD1 that was posted in their circuits section (a funny video and (resized) sample photos from the mainpage).

Oh, and impress watch has a review. As pointed out at dvinfo (page 13), a good sample from thereis ezsm07.mov (54MB, right-click, save-as).
Old Feb 17, 2006, 7:06 PM   #14

Anyone buy one yet from warehouse123? if so is it good? any reason not to buy the HD1 from there? I own the c6 from them but this is even more money just want to make sure.

thanks

EDIT: I bought one from there should have it soon. will let you all know how it goes!!

Grunchy wrote:
Quote:
I noticed the HD1 for sale at both Plemix.com and Warehouse123.com (a little cheaper at Warehouse123).

Hmm!
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 9:03 AM   #15

I would be very interested to see VGA resolution footage from HD1, for some reason all clips are HD...
mindawgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 1:29 PM   #16

mindawgas wrote:
Quote:
I would be very interested to see VGA resolution footage from HD1, for some reason all clips are HD...
Go here. If you scroll down you will find video clips at all resolutions including VGA 60 fps.

Paul
paulplatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:45 PM   #17

You can order the U.S. model now from http://www.dvnation.com/hd1.html . Not sure if that Hong Kong model you spoke of is a US one and shipping from over there might be high.
eguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 1:37 AM   #18

Hi. Thanks for pointing the japanese site. Now I would only wish to see some really messy and brisk clips(e.g. city rush) before placing an order on this cam.

Overal I must say I am quite impressed by this little cam, I do not have C6, buth HD1 seems to be a certain improvement, except maybe image stabilization, which seems and issue with HD1, but not as much with C6. Even low light capture seems on par with C6.

What do you guys think from these early reviews?
mindawgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 3:00 PM   #19

Akihabara News has a review of the HD1 up now and they say the video quality is a complete DISASTER! They say that SD (VGA) video qualityis not as good asthe C6 (!)and that the HD video quality is nowhere near what they expected. Three sample videos available in the review.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 3:34 PM   #20

i read that very interesting review...i'm still wondering if they don't exagerate

one thing : i compared the 3 HD1 video samples they posted with a video sample they did with the Xacti C6

For me the quality of the HD1 is still better... so i don't know what to think

from the samples they posted i wouldn't use the term "disastrous"
kony is offline   Reply With Quote