Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 28, 2006, 4:27 PM   #21

I alsofind Akhibara's review pretty useless and exagerated...

What puzzles me is that the quality ofthe videoshots that they provide is clearly much worse that theshots posted by other reviewers (e.g. Japanese site mentioned in this tread, Steve or J.Aurili on DVi forums). Maybe Akhibara guysgotdefective unit or they messed up something with the settings???

Mindaugas
mindawgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 6:14 PM   #22

VERY happy i sold my c6. the hd1 is good. it depends what you want out of it. i think its the only game in town at this point for what it is and does. if you are running a video business buy a better camera. if you want to tape your kids baseball game or friends night (or day out) then this thing is a gem!

my thoughts

undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 6:48 PM   #23

Hi undurdog55,

Based on the fact that you used to be a C6 owner and are now a HD1 owner, what can you say to the review from Akihabara News.

I am in the market to buythe ultimate portable video/still camera I can buy. I am trying to decide between the C6 and the HD1, while the HD resolution is not the reason I would buy the HD version, I still think I might as well have it if it is available. I really am leaning towards the HD version for its 10x optical lens.

But image stabilization is very important to me, especially if the camera can do 10x, so please offer your review of the camparison between the two cameras in terms of video quality 640x480(30fps) and image stabilization.

Thanks,

Allan
aweinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 9:14 PM   #24

sure thing i will offer the best info i can. it really comes down to how much money you want to spend. i loved the c6 and i thought the video was ehhhh. it was always with me and i caught some of the BEST moments of my newborn so hands down in that regard it was great. again i didnt love the video quality so much it was lacking but again i am not running a wedding videograpghy business i am just trying to catch friends and family moments. having said that i think the HD1 BLOWS the c6 video quality out of the water it looks NIGHT and DAY better on my HDTV then the c6 but again its still not the BEST video i have ever seen. i am still thrilled with it and think its worth the cash. the only thing that bothers me a little is now that i am into video i need to buy a new computer that can handle it. so i have two choices bitch and moan about spending money or make a ton and not give a darn when i spend it

aweinman wrote:
Quote:
Hi undurdog55,

Based on the fact that you used to be a C6 owner and are now a HD1 owner, what can you say to the review from Akihabara News.

I am in the market to buythe ultimate portable video/still camera I can buy. I am trying to decide between the C6 and the HD1, while the HD resolution is not the reason I would buy the HD version, I still think I might as well have it if it is available. I really am leaning towards the HD version for its 10x optical lens.

But image stabilization is very important to me, especially if the camera can do 10x, so please offer your review of the camparison between the two cameras in terms of video quality 640x480(30fps) and image stabilization.

Thanks,

Allan
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 1:02 AM   #25

kony wrote:
Quote:
i read that very interesting review...i'm still wondering if they don't exagerate

one thing : i compared the 3 HD1 video samples they posted with a video sample they did with the Xacti C6

For me the quality of the HD1 is still better... so i don't know what to think

from the samples they posted i wouldn't use the term "disastrous"
Itappears you're misunderstanding. They said the SD (that's 640x480) video was lesser quality than the C6, not the HD video. They only posted HD (1280x720) video samples of the HD1, so, of course, they look better than the sample they did with the C6. For HD video the review comparesit with Sony HD camcorders, which might be a little unfair.

It is very strange that you can clearly see the pixels in their sample HD video.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:11 AM   #26

ok i noted...wow it's curious that the video quality is inferior in SD with the HD1

kony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 7:18 AM   #27

I read the HD1 review and is interested in that cam.
I just bought the Xacti C5 based on Steve's review, but my wife won't use the camera couse it's really bad indoor :?(unusable dark movies and short flash range). It's more an outdoor camera.

Anybody know how the HD1 perform in low-light environments, compared to C5 ? Sample videos ?

The HD1 have a much larger lense, so it should perform better, right ? We want a "DV-cam replacement", and HD1 seems like that if the low light and flash capabilities is better than C5.

Best regards
Kjetil, Norway
kjbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:48 AM   #28

also interested in C6/HD1 comparison.* *I am less interested in shooting HD than in the better lens and 10x zoom - I intend to use the camera for shooting surfing from a boat (!), in addition to the usual kid-capture stuff (so low-light performance is important for family stuff).so if HD1 out-performs the C6 in the zoom/lens arena, and has as good low-light performance as C6, I'm in...* *any opinions?thx.Joe
reefboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:27 PM   #29

Hi undurdog55thanks for your reply,

I have one more question though. Have you tried to use the 640x480(30fps) resolution on the HD1, and if so is it worse/equal/better then the 640x480(30fps) resolution on the C6?

I plan on taking the video camera with me on a 2 week vacation in 2 months, and will not be able to download the pics and video until I return home. I do not want to have to buy more then 1 2gb SD memory units, so I thought that I would use the camera in SD mode for most of the trip to get the largest amount of capacity out of my SD memory. Since all I have used up until now is an 6 year old Hi8mm camera, I am hoping that the SD is at least equal or better to my old camera, and that of your old camera (C6)

thanks,

Allan
aweinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:52 PM   #30

undurdog55,

How do stills compare on the C6 vs. HD1? Also, do you find indoor still photos and still action photos (kids running) to be good enough to use the C6 or HD1 as your main camera? For me the HD1 would replace a Fuji 700 which is a great camera but only takes 7 minutes of 640x480 30fps video. Alsothe Fujilacks zoom during videos. While I want better video, the camera needs to be first and foremost a pocket still camera that fits in my wife's admittedly large purse. She thinks the size is ok. Will she be happy with the stills?

Paul

paulplatt is offline   Reply With Quote