Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 11, 2006, 7:23 PM   #1

Purchased a C6 and took video yesterday for first time. Now have big files. Tried using the Ulead Photo Explorer SW that it came with to convert to .avi or .mov files but very large. Anyone know how to use this SW to compress to I can email video to friends.
DaHKkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2006, 9:18 PM   #2

I think you mean Ulead Movie Factory and not Photo Explorer. I am also presuming you know little about video conversion/ transcoding, so I won't go into the details.

I installed my Movie Factory and find that it only allows conversion to DVD or VCD standards, but no tweaking of screen size (pixel X pixel) or bitrate.

If you have Windows XP and Windows Movie Maker (WMM), you can just follow the instructions to "import video", "Edit" and then "Finish" and save it as "send in email". That should reduce the file size a lot (depending on how long your video is).

Unfortunately everytime I click "send in email", my Movie Maker hangs, so I cannot tell you the exact keystrokes. There must be some conflict in my PC. I've never used WMM before so I never know.

If you want to use WMM, you must "convert" the MP4 video of the Sanyo Xacti into AVI (DIVX/XVID compatible) by this SW called MP4CAM2AVI, and have DIVX or XVID codec installed in your PC, before using the WMM to shrink and convert the video to WMV (Windows Media Video). Please read my explanation in another thread:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=27&page=1

(middle of the page)

Good luck!

blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:20 PM   #3

you could also upload the files to youtube.com and then send a link to people to view the video. its a free service but it does compress the video and it doesnt look so great.
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 7:33 PM   #4

Understood. I guess you must decide early on if you want the video taken to be emailable and reduce resolution at the camera first. I have been coverting the video taken to AVI and then burning the clips to CD for distribution. Will save the original formats for HQ viewing. For some reason was unable to dowload to my notebook from camera so just dropped the SD into my notebook. Has anyone done a direct download from camera?
DaHKkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 7:42 PM   #5

You can definitely download directly from the camera. If you are using the Cradle, plug the Cradle USB cable into your computer, plug the C6 in the cradle, and then you have a connect button on the cradle that you need to press to establish the connection.

If you are using the small adapter, connect the USB cable to the computer, connect the adapter to the cable, connect the C6 to the adapter. Then Open the LCD of the C6, it should bring up a list of connection option. The first one is to make the C6 an external drive on the computer, so simply select it by pressing on the joystick. This should establish your connection.

Once the connection is established, the C6 shows up as an external drive on your computer. Double click on it, and keep selecting the folder until you reach the level where the images / Videos are stored.

scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 8:42 PM   #6

i fianally from advice on this site got a domain name and hosting service. so now i just upload the files to my website and then send the link to friends and family etc without compressing or converting. its easy and works great it just costs money.
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote