Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Feb 15, 2006, 5:50 PM   #1

How many people have pre-ordered their HD1? Is there any recommended retailer? I normally wait a few months after the release of new products to let the prices stabilize, to let competitors catch up, and to see if the real thing lives up to the hype, but I am considering a pre-order of this device. I think Sanyo is really creating a new class of device, and it will be 6 months to a year before any other players get in.

I know that Amazon and J&R are both taking pre-orders at $799, and I have ordered from both before and think they are pretty reliable. Are there other retailers I should look at? How are their respective return policies? What about price matching? Any experiences? I know that Amazon is reasonably flexible about price matching, but only to their own prices, and not other merchants. J&R, on the other hand, claims to match any authorized retailer, though I have never tested their policy, and they don't give a timeframe on their website.

newbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2006, 7:13 PM   #2

I ordered mine from http://www.dvnation.com/hd1.html . Since delivery will be in March, I hardly even consider it a preorder, and I don't think the price will drop anytime soon, so I'm happy with my decision. I can't wait! The sales rep says there won't to be too many available at first...
eguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:51 AM   #3

Hey I'm new to all this, but it seems that theres a Guy on Ebay selling several of these cameras for a decent price. (I think its 790 shipped) If you dont want to go that route theres always Amazon, they say they're shipping March 15th I believe. Good luck!

I'm going to wait till my June, HOPE that maybe I can get one for around $600 (i emphasize the word hope, because if this camera is all its cracked up to be Sanyo won't lower the price at all).
Greygooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:30 PM   #4

FYI - Amazon.com has been shipped its first orders of the Xacti HD1.
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:24 PM   #5

www.dvnation.com has the Sanyo-HD1 in Stock!!!! The Sanyo Xacti VCP-HD1 HD camcorder! Finally!
eguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 1:40 PM   #6

Yes, but do you know who DV Nation buys from? They do not buy from SANYO Fisher Company directly in the USA, so where is the product coming from. Possibly and overseas import? If you are concerned with warranty and such, I suggest you buy from a reputable place.

Amazon is receiving quantity Wednesday 08 March.[/b]

QVC is receiving their quantity Wednesday 08 March. (AND, QVC includes a 512MB SD Memory Card with the kit)
Circuit City, J&R, B&H, Discovery Channel Store and Apple are receiving quantity on Friday 10 March.[/b]

Also, the following PROMASTER camera dealers also are stocking the SANYO Xacti HD1:

WOLFES CAMERA & VIDEO INC
Topeka, KS 66603

KADAIR'S CAMERAS INC
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
Baton Rouge, LA 70806

MERRILL PHOTO
Charleston WV 25301

PHOTOS AR' NICE INC
Gainesville, FL 32607

BOOTS CAMERA CORP
Fresno, CA 93710

PAUL'S PHOTO INC
Torrance CA 90505

CAMERA COMPANY
Madison, WI 53703
Madison, WI 53704
Madison, WI 53719

CONCORD CAMERA STORE
Concord, NH 03301

BOBS CAMERA
BARRE VT 05641

MADISON PHOTO SHOP
Madison, NJ 07940
Summit NJ 07901

SHUTTERBUG CAMERA SHOPS
Petaluma CA 94952
Santa Rosa CA 95407
Santa Rosa CA 95401

ART'S CAMERAS PLUS
West Allis, WI 53227
Pewaukee, WI 53072[/b]

[/b]

You can also check other PROMASTER dealers at http://www.promaster.com/dealers.asp and ask the manager if they will be stocking the SANYO Xacti HD1
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote