Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 4, 2006, 9:33 AM   #11

"Greetings from Amazon.com,

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this
completes your order. "

Woot! Amazon has finally shipped my order, and UPS is reporting that it is scheduled to be delivered on Monday! I can't wait!

Of course the SD cards I ordered from Dell have not shipped yet (although by compaining a bit, the nice CSR in India did offer to knock another $25 off my order). Hopefully those slow "blue" Sandisk cards are fast enough for the 9Mbps video. I guess I will have to play with the HD1 using the 1 GB Ultra II card I have in my Canon S450.

Unlike some other posters in this forum and other Sanyo forums, I have no professional or even pseudo-professional aspirations. We are expecting our second child in April, and this camera will be used exclusively to capture family moments. Yes, the compression may not be perfect (and even possibly buggy), low-light performance may be dismal, and stabilization may be non-existent, but I believe it will serve its purpose to replace a 5 year old Sony DV camcorder and record our family memories for posterity.

newbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:58 AM   #12

very well put and you will be very happ!

congrats on the baby!
undurdog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 1:55 PM   #13

Seems almost everybody is out of stock on the SANYO Xacti HD1 (Amazon, B&H, J&R, Apple, Circuit City and Discovery all show out of stock)

There is still one retailer that has inventory (They also include a 512MB Kingston Technology SD memory card in the box).

QVC... http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?...mp;SearchClass
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2006, 1:55 PM   #14

Sanyo wrote:
Quote:
Seems almost everybody is out of stock on the SANYO Xacti HD1 (Amazon, B&H, J&R, Apple, Circuit City and Discovery all show out of stock)

There is still one retailer that has inventory (They also include a 512MB Kingston Technology SD memory card in the box).

QVC... http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?...mp;SearchClass
For those considering an order, note that the QVC page states "Advance orders ship 3/21/06."
Marcus Alzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2006, 2:05 PM   #15

[Marcus Alzona] - Good eye.

FYI. They are receiving their full quantity today, which covers on-air sold through and some extra to keep them "live".

On air, they quoted a 3/14 ship.

I don't know how long it takes them to receive, log-in and then ship out, but I would suspect that units could actually be received by users prior to 3/14 (depending on shipping method). QVC Corporate is very conservative when it comes to promising a date prior to having stock on hand. They do not often advertise anything "pre-order" style. If they were to miss the shipment date, they would have hundreds of phone calls to customer service inquiring when and you can imagine that is something they want to avoid. That's why you see the 3/21 and 3/14 dates.

If anybody buys from QVC, please post up when you ordered and when you received...I am curious. (just one person post please!)
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:17 PM   #16

Sanyo -- Now that some of us have received the camera, when will we be able to buy additional batteries and the charger? Thanks.
psphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:22 PM   #17

I just got my HD1 this week and am looking for software that will edit the MP4 without converting to a different format. Suggestions? The software that came with seems a little "clunky."

Thanks. Btw, we love the camera. It is easy to hold and seems to take great pictures.

Brian
briangregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:37 PM   #18

psphoto wrote:
Quote:
Sanyo -- Now that some of us have received the camera, when will we be able to buy additional batteries and the charger? Thanks.
By the end of this month (early April at the latest). Amazon is definitely stocking those two items and has them on order already. I would suspect that B&H will stock them as well. And, in April, some of the PROMASTER Camera dealers will likely stock the battery as well.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 11:51 PM   #19

Most of the authorized resellers that are out of stock at this moment are receiving reasonable quantity Thursday the 23rd.

Fry's Electronics has been added with stock on hand at each store.

Continue to expect short supplies through the end of April at this moment.

Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:38 AM   #20

Amazon & J&R should be back in stock with the HD1 at some point today.

Circuit City, Outpost and B&H have it in stock at this moment. Fry's Electronics has it in store.

http://www.sanyodigital.com/HD1/where_to_buy.html