Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 4, 2006, 2:32 PM   #1

I just ordered a SANYO VPC-C6 from J & R music. I want to order a spare battery and charger but when I check battery compatabilityon various sites listed in the forums, VPC-C6 is not listed - only VPC-E6 is listed. What is the difference? Will a battery and charger that fits E6 work with C6? Keep it simple people, I am a very senior lady.
rcknchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2006, 5:52 PM   #2

If you do a web search with "Sanyo Xacti C6 battery" and look at other websites that sell third-party batteries, they all say that VPC-C6 uses the same DB-L20 battery (thus the same charger) as VPC-E6 (a still camera model). Several sites say the same thing, so you can go ahead and order the E6 battery/charger for your C6.
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 4:19 PM   #3
Administrator

C6 and E6 use the same DB-L20 battery,same asthe C5 and C4 too.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 5:28 PM   #4

I would like to expand on this. Will any DB-L20 battery and charger work for the Xacti C6. Some places on ebay sell the charger and or battery but only mention some Sanyo cameras not all.For example will thiswork? It is the one of the cheaper ones I found locally in Canada.

Thanks,

Allan

allanweinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 9:00 PM   #5

To jump on this thread, does anyone know where to buy a REAL Sanyo battery? I have purchased a few 3rd party ones for the C5, but they don't seem to last nearly as long....granted they were only $3 ea, but I would rather have one that lasted for a long time.
SilentBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:32 PM   #6

I have purchased a number of the knockoff (re cheap) batteries from ebay for my C1 and have had good luck with them. 3 batteries were sufficient to last a 2 week backpacking trip last summer that almost filled 2 512MB cards with pics and video. The one thing you have to look out for on these is the mAh rating. The one I purchased last year was only rated at 550mAh but the other one at 800 and it seems to last as long as the original sanyo.
kanudave is offline   Reply With Quote