Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 14, 2006, 8:33 PM   #1

Ok I got my C6 from Warehouse123, it is English user manual and VPC-C6EX model.

Here is the problem:

Sometimes when I flip open the lcd, the camera does not focus properly. When I half-press the photo button to focus it tries but always remains blurry. I can take a picture and/or I can record movies but it will always be blurry. Even the autofocus seems to lock onto a target and puts the brackets around it like it is focused but it isnt.

To fix this problem all I have to do us close the lcd, it powers off, then flip it back open and usually it is back to normal fully focused. A few times I have had to do it 2-3 times to get it back to normal.

I have read someone elses post about malfunction after snowboarding with similar problems but he could not even take a photo/movie his was just locked. Mine isnt locked but it is out of focus.

This problem is easily duplicated all I have to do is turn the camera off by closing the LCD and wait a few hours, then flip open the LCD and 90% time it opens up in the blurry mode again.

HELP?

SANYO does not have a USA 800 number to call?
colonels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:14 AM   #2

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue, it definitely sounds like there is an issue with the camera. For reference, SANYO does have a (800) number to call and I have included it in this message.

(800) 421-5013

Unfortunately, you have purchased a VPC-C6EX model which is not the USA model, but instead it is a gray market import which lacks a US warranty. So you may want to check on the return policy of Warehouse123 which I suspect is probably not very accommodating.

To others, please purchase from a legitimate authorized reseller. Authorized resellers are listed at www.sanyodigital.com

Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 4:54 AM   #3

Hi, I realise this is a long shot given the time gap (almost 4 years!!) but I'm wondering if you ever got to the bottom of this or found a proper solution?

My C6 started with the same focus problems last year but I've tried to work round it with the opening and closing the screen solution.

I picked up my C6 from Warehouse 123 in 2006 also but it's the DMX version. Despite the glitch, I still love this thing!

Thanks,
Panita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:05 AM   #4

I have a four year-old C6 that I just love. Have you tried any of the firmware updates that were available a few years ago? Could be a random bootup problem and although it's a longshot perhaps a freshly loaded OS will help. My C6 still gets used occaisionally, mostly I hang it around my neck for motorcycle rides. But I'm itching to look at the new super-slim HD model.
SPOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:30 PM   #5

I updated the firmware of my CG65 very easily after reading this thread, but then again.. you have a C6
http://www.sanyo-dsc.com/support/upd...g65/index.html

The specific firmware page for the Sanyo DMX-C6 is this one (in Japanese)
http://jp.sanyo.com/xacti/support/up..._c6/index.html

The direct link for the download is:
http://jp.sanyo.com/xacti/support/up...e/s815nup1.exe

Quote:
The instructions are similar to the other Xacti models (place .bin firmware in SD card's root; with fully charged battery and while plugged in (powered USB host), power on (cancel USB menu if it appears), set to Playback mode, move the cursor to the Format menu option, hold thumbstick to the left for a few seconds, update firmware, wait until completed).

But CAUTION: An improper firmware update will most likely brick your camera (will no longer work). If you don't understand what you are doing, are simply not sure, would rather not take a risk, do not proceed with the update!
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 12:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panita View Post
Hi, I realize this is a long shot given the time gap (almost 4 years!!) but I'm wondering if you ever got to the bottom of this or found a proper solution?

My C6 started with the same focus problems last year but I've tried to work round it with the opening and closing the screen solution.
I have a C6 and it often does this under one or more of the following conditions:
~ battery not fully charged
~ unit warm from extended use
~ powering up in low light (includes lens cap being on)

It works fine when I alleviate the cause(s).
wbbasden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2010, 6:23 PM   #7
TNN

I also had start-up problems. For example the C6 starts taking pictures on its own. On the C5 it was occasional snowy pictures or video. I solved the problem on both cameras by opening them and cleaning the contacts of the main central connector using alcohol and a Q-tip. I guess oxydation builds up after a few years of cold-hot-cold-hot...
When dismantling the camera make sure you pluck the screws onto a drawing you make of the camera's contour on corrugated cardboard; not all screws are the same and they roll away easily.
TNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:33 PM   #8

I am having a problem with my vpc-c6ex it will not format any memory cards. the cost to repair is more than the camera. Any ideas?
olywa is offline   Reply With Quote