Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Mar 22, 2006, 5:24 PM   #1

There are lot of DVD players support mpeg-4 format, I wish to buy one that I just burn those C6's MP4 files to CD-R or DVD-R then I can watch it directly without converting or editing the files. I had tried it on my friend's Philips DVP 642 that came with video but no sound. Anyone has good luck to play the C6 mpeg-4 files direct from DVD player successfully? or any suggestion of what kind of mpeg-4 format standard (XviD, DivX, or etc.) that DVD player should supported in order to play C6 files (ISO-standard mpeg-4 video with AAC audio)?
stansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2006, 7:52 PM   #2

Many DVD players that play DIVX movies are "DIVX certified" (some are not - the actual formats they support are unknown, but very likely similar to "DIVX certified").

Read this page from divx.com about DIVX-certified audio format:

http://www.divx.com/divx/create/divx...ides/audio.php

DIVX only supports MP3 - therefore you need to convert AAC to MP3.

It seems that "MP4" is the "raw" format of MPEG-4 video, maybe that's why the Philips DVD player (which is DIVX-certified) can read the video portion without any change of the video codec or file extension.

If you are using your PC to burn the video onto DVD, you should consider using this little __FREEWARE__ program to "convert" the MP4 video into DIVX-compliant video:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp4cam2avi/

The program works well with Xacti's standard resolution 640 X 480 pixels. The author is now upgrading the program to support the new HD1's high-definition video resolution - stay tuned!

This program does NOT actually transcode the video data: it merely changes the container format of the video, so that it can be read by PC and DVD players as "DIVX" files (something to do with adding or changing the FOURCC code??) - that is why the "conversion" is quick.

The program also allows you to transcode AAC audio to MP3, which is DIVX-compliant.

This program is FAST, unlike using video converters to convert movies to say DVD (MPEG-2). It should take very little time before the video is ready to burn to DVD.
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:59 AM   #3

Yeah, I just tested the pre-release of the new mp4cam2avi and it does work with HD1 files. The resultant AVIs play in VLC or WMP if you have divx installed - version 5 is better.

The mp4cam2avi crowd say I can e-mail this pre-release to other HD1 owners, because they are looking for feedback.

[email protected]

byrnalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 7:38 AM   #4

xbox (with chip) play all videos from your computer

just burn your clip in a cd or dvd
Menelaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:06 PM   #5

It works on the Philips DVP 642.
The mp4cam2avi took about one third of the actual move length to finish. If this the only solution right now then I will use it until something is better.
Thank you and the programer.
stansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 1:06 PM   #6

mp4cam2avi does not perform any conversion on the Video, so that part does not take much time at all, but it does include an option to convert the Audio (AAC format on thesanyo) into Mp3, and this will consume some time.

If your player can play AAC audio, you can desactivate the mp3 conversion option in mp4cam2avi, this should speed things up.

scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2006, 6:35 PM   #7

:-)

Unfortunately, the beta mp4cam2avi doesn't work for the HD1. The result is half colour and half black and white.

The AVS Video Converter does the same............so must be something not converting correctly with the HD1 mp4 file.

Cannot find anything that works yet for the HD1.................the C6 mp4 doesn't appear to be the same. [ Shooting in 720 resolution ]

jbat2:O
jbat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 9:19 AM   #8

2_29 works ok for me on 720p files from my hd1. have you checked what codecs you have installed ? divx pro and xvid seem ok

stuartb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2006, 8:56 PM   #9

Acoording to the help file.........."
"Unlike many converting apps, MP4Cam2AVI doesn't require QuickTime or any codecs to work, it performs all the job itself. "

jbat2
jbat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2006, 3:50 PM   #10

i understand it puts an AVI wrapper on it, and sets the codec (4 CC) identity to something like DIV5 (div x) which you can configure if neccessary. However, once converted, your media player needs a codec like divx or XVID (free) to actually play the file.

check your codecs that are installed via the windows control pannel, "Sound and Audio" devices on the hardware panel. If you dont have divx or xvid, you'll probably need to install it.

After that Windows Media Player should work fine.

stuartb007 is offline   Reply With Quote