Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 8, 2006, 9:18 AM   #41

THANKS FOR THE INFO, LOOKING AT THEIR PRODUCT LINE, WOULD I BE BETTER OFF WITH THE VIDEO CONVERTER v7 OR WIN AVI3GP/MP4 IPOD PRODUCT.

HOW DOES THIS WORK, CAN YOU EDIT WITH IT THEN BURN, OR DO EDITING IN ANOTHER PROGRAM THEN USE THIS TO CONVERT AND BURN? THANKS ED
FAST EDDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2006, 3:36 PM   #42

Hi guys!
I'm not a new at this forum but now I've just bought the C6, registered and want to share my expirience.
After making a couple of first video clips and stills I've decided to make DVD without even the Sanyo software installation.
1st - I've read the files from the card sing my old cardreader.
2nd - load the files (both "raw" MP4 clips and JPG stills) into Ulead VideoEditor (price $50) and that's it.
I was able to edit clips, view them, create the titles and menus, create the slideshow and create DVD folder (means - burn DVD) using just 1 software product.

By the way I'm using 2 SD cards 512MB Dane-Elec ($29 - $10 rebate - from JR) and 2GB Adata "MyFlash" ($48 from Newegg.com). Both of them have no problems.

Also I have a question for community: when I tried to repeat the operations
descrideb above for Nero Vision 4 I've got the strange result. NV4 doesn't recognize MP4 format at all. I've created AVIs using MP4CAM2AVI - NV4 could load them in but didn't want to play. What codec should be added to NV4 or how else to resolve the problem?

Thank you.
FZKAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 8:46 AM   #43

SO, IF I AM UNDERSTANDING YOU CORRECTLY, YOU HAD GOOD RESULTS NO PROBLEMS EDITING AND BURNING A DVD WITH THE ULEAD SOFTWARE YOU ALREADY HAD. WHAT KIND OF BURNER DO YOU HAVE. WHAT FORMAT DID YOU BURN TOO(I SEE VDV, ETC.). AND IF THIS WORKED WELL FOR YOU, WHY DID YOU START ALL OVER AND TRY THE SOFTWARE THAT CAME WITH THE CAMERA? THANKS
FAST EDDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 11:12 AM   #44

Hi there,

Answers for FAST EDDIE:

1. I have PC with WinXP PRO SP2 and CPU - AMD Athlon 3200 (64bit). My burner is NEC ND-1300.

2. I've made the regular DVD-R (NTSC format).

3. Nero Vision 4 is better for me because:

- a. it is more convinient for me to work with NV4;
- b. it has deep integration with other parts of Nero 7 which I use a lot;
- c. I can create the titles and menus not only in English but also in other languages (I personally need Russian), unfortunatelly UVD doesn't have such options or I don't know how to implement them.

After 2 days of using my C6 I still happy with it but I have just 1 question to ask the people: do you know how to raise sound volume during viewing the clips directly on camera? I've found how to do this for voice help but couldn't find how - for recorded sounds.

Thank you
Old Apr 9, 2006, 1:52 PM   #45

FZKAP, playback volume can be adjusted from "Playback Mode" only.Menu "1", third icon from the top (Play Volume).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 6:34 PM   #46

Thank you Caelum.

I've found 1 more option - during playback you can use Zoom switch as volume control to adjust the sound level.

Old Apr 11, 2006, 4:41 AM   #47

Hi FZKAP,

Which Ulead product did you use? (I can't see a product called Ulead VideoEditor). Were you able to join the clips satisfactorily so they ran smoothly? Did you have any jerky playback when you panned the camera?

Also, I wonder why the Sanyo representative on this forum hasn't commented on any of the points raised or made any suggestions that might help? Any chance Sanyo?

I have pre-ordered Ulead DVD Movie Factory 5 off Amazon and am hoping that will do the trick instead of the less than useful software that Sanyo have packaged with the C6.
The Inspector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 4:52 AM   #48

Oh. I've just looked at the tech specs for Movie Factory 5 on the Ulead site and MPEG4 is not mentioned. Even more confused now. All of this would not have been necessary if the C6 had shipped with a good authoring package.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:32 AM   #49

Hi folks,

The Inspector you absolutly right - I've used wrong name for the product - sorry.
It's Ulead® VideoStudio™ which has VideoEditor, MovieWizard and DV-to-DVD parts inside:
http://www.ulead.com/vs/runme.htm
I have no jerky playbacks on my PC in any of my players (Nero, WMP, QuickTime, ect.)
May be because of the power of my computer (see above) in all vital components (CPU, RAM, Video Card and HD).
I can add the "underground" information that the new Ulead® VideoStudio™ 10 Plus is 100% compartable with Sanyo mp4 format.
Also I'm going to try Adobe Pemier Pro 2.0 and let you know later what I can get from it.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:57 AM   #50

Thanks FZKAP. That product looks good but I probably wouldn't want a lot of the features on it. I'm wondering if there's something simple that would do the job I want ie: Capture the clips; join them; add the odd transition and burn to dvd.
Not much to ask is it? :-)