Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:10 AM   #71

After reading this Thread I am interested in the C6, although I wanted to know how it compared to say the newly released Aiptek PocketDV Z100 Pro?

C6 vs Z100 Pro, can anyone help?
eilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2006, 3:13 AM   #72

if you want the best resulted DVD to be watched on TV device, and don't want to use your? PC or Mac, there is a video port on the dock, you can use another dvd recorder which is very cheap now, to tape the C6, this way you don't need to spend a 2-3 hours to render the clip, and it provide the best results, no shutting on panning, no out of lip problem.

I don't own a C6, but I use this trick with my fuji e900, the result is so good that it beat all the software based encoder even procoder on pc.

Tao Ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 5:30 AM   #73

Tao Ti wrote:
Quote:
if you want the best resulted DVD to be watched on TV device, and don't want to use your? PC or Mac, there is a video port on the dock, you can use another dvd recorder which is very cheap now, to tape the C6, this way you don't need to spend a 2-3 hours to render the clip, and it provide the best results, no shutting on panning, no out of lip problem.

I don't own a C6, but I use this trick with my fuji e900, the result is so good that it beat all the software based encoder even procoder on pc.

Is there a DVD recording with a hard drive, that you can add a SD Card into and then allows you to edit your video using the DVD recorder. I have seen reviews/forums with DVD recorders with editing features, but wondered if you could upload your recording to the devices, thus eliminating the PC. (I realise you won't get professional edits using a non-pc device, but at least you can cut and paste what you want/don want.
eilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 9:21 PM   #74

most DVD recorder that has a SD slot, which only let you view JPEG from the card, if you have a SD full of video clips or JPGs it will burn a data dvd, so it won't transcode mpeg4 videos to a TRUE video dvd.

I have tested many DVD players that support mpeg4 video, but nearly all must encoded into a divx mpeg4 format, the sanyo mpeg4doesn't work.

Old Jul 5, 2006, 5:13 PM   #75

I'm a Mac user and I've had no problem making DVDs from the C6 files. I had to loada couple of codecs, but I can edit it in iMove or Final Cut Express. If I edit it in iMove I just send it from iMove to iDVD, set up my menus and such and then burn away.

The resulting DVD is as good as importing video to the computer from my analog video camera and burning from that.

There is conversion going on, but I don't have to do any manual conversion. I can edit the .MP4s directly and when I send it to iDVD it does the conversion before burning the DVD.

If I just want to burn a DVD without any menus or navigation, I can just to pick a "one step DVD" from a file in iDVD, pick the .MP4 from my drive and away it goes.

Please note that I'm not intending this to bea Windows vs Mac post, just posting a scenario where it's a cakewalk to make DVDs from the C6 mp4s.

showson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 4:10 AM   #76

I'm a Mac user too, and I do short film with final cut pro as a living, yes, iDVD can produce very beautiful menus, but the rendering quality and the speed is not good, specially fast motion and mpeg4, it produce blocky noise and strobing motion problems, and it may take 3-4 hours to render a 1 hour dv footage.

we did alot of fast motion and noisey source video like VHS test on all Mac encoder like DVD Studio 2, Idvd 6, compresser, they all produced good result but not perfect.

so we started to look at PC encoder, like TMPGEnc, Procoder, Cinema Craft, finally we settle on Procoder, it can give nearly realtime encode, 1 hour dv may need 1.5 hour to encoder, and it can do standard conversion NTSC/PAL, even you choose a very low bit rate, you won't see any blockly noise or strobe motion.

we do video editing on the G5, and set a watch folder on there, the procoder on pc will automatic produce mpeg2 back to the Mac.

yes I know it is off topic, but the point is Mac and Pc has it's good and weat point, iDVD can get the job done, but it's not always the best quality.

so why I'm in here suggesting using DVD recorder? because I already spend too much time on my video work, and I don't want to go home, and spend that much time in front of the computer again, I want to take photos and video clips for my daughters, and I want the fastest way to tranform these clips into a DVD video, I did alot of search and found that DVD recorder is the fastest way, without touching a Mac/pc and do conversion by hands, so the idea comes from here, a DVD recorder produce the best result, most top brand will do a 3D noise reduction, and a time based video correction, before it started to encode, so the quality is so soild, and you don't need to wait for the rendering encoding, because it is realtime.

Old Jul 6, 2006, 2:35 PM   #77

Good point about the IDVD encoder, but if anyone's not happy with the iDVD quality you could also pre-encode it with ffmpegX and then burn with iDVD.. you'll get better quality than the iDvd encoder. I'm not saying the previous suggestion of procoder is not valid, just giving another option for Mac users that either don't have or don't want to use a PC.

For me the encoding time is not an issue. I usually do my editing and then rendering / encoding overnight. I could see if the footage was used in a production environment you'd need a fast encoder.. but then the C6 probably wouldn't be used in a production capacity.

No matter what you use you're not going to get GREAT quality from the C6 video, you have to consider the source.

Probably the best thing for anyone to do is read the different suggestions on here and try them all out for yourself, see what works best for you.
showson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2009, 10:40 AM   #78

Hi Everyone,

I am new at this. Hope everyone can help? I like to know is there a way to convert any video format to Sanyo's mp4 avc/h.264 and be able to load on the memory card and play on the camcorder.

Thanks for all you help.
Touro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2009, 4:20 PM   #79

I don't know if this is possible. I know with my HD1010 I can load my videos back onto the card and show them through the dock as long as I don't edit the videos or change anything in the name.

I did read somewhere that someone had been successful with loading edited videos back onto the camera as long as they kept the San at the beginning of the name. I tried it but could not get it to work.

It doesn't cost anything to try and if you are successful, please post back here so we can all learn.
relate2 is offline   Reply With Quote