Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:38 AM   #1

Hi there,

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a pdf manual for the E6 ? A company in the UK (Ebuyer)are selling it for just over £100 (about $160), so I was thinking of getting one, but would like to read up a bit first.

Many thanks

Vince
vincesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2006, 2:18 PM   #2

There's a PDF manual available on http://www.sanyo.co.uk

Because of how their site works, it's difficult to link directly to it and have that link actually work, but if you click on "Entertainment", then "Digital Imaging" and then the VPC-E6 there's a link to the instruction manual on the right hand side
CarbonCopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 3:59 AM   #3

Thanks very much for that. I did find it eventually, the problem I had been originally looking in the www.sanyo-dsc.com website.

By the way, I got the E6, as the price on ebuyer dropped even futher to £105 + delivery. Very nice camera - Huuuuge screen! The movie function isn't MP4, so I've had to splash out on a 2gb card from mymemory to get 20 mins at the highest quality (against the 40 mins I get on a 1gb card on my C6), but as it takes the same batteries as the C6, I couldn't resist getting it.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 6:28 AM   #4

I too picked up an E6 from Ebuyer. At £105, it seemed rude not to :-) Very pleased with it, so far. Nice and compact, takes decent pics, and that screen on the back is lush :-)

I'm thinking of grabbing a couple of spare batteries and a standalone charger and I noticed in another thread, that you bought some non-OEM DB-L20 batteries from premiumdigital on Ebay. Their prices and feedback look good. How are you getting on with the batteries?
Old May 18, 2006, 11:04 AM   #5

Sorry for the long delay in replying, I've just seen your comment!!!

I've got on fine with the ebay batteries from premium digital....in fact on Monday they're going to contact me as they should be getting some NEW DB-L20 replacements in, which they say will be a MINIMUM of 850mah!! I asked how much, and for 10 including postage its £60. As I've now got 3 sanyo cameras in my household, it seems like a good deal. I'll let you know what happens.

I use one of those stand alone chargers with the replaceable plates you see on a lot of sites. Very handy, as you just change plates for other batteries you get.

I have to say looking at some cameras on the internet, and then seeing the E6 for just over £100, its a real bargain, so that with a 2gb card and a couple of spare batteries can be had for £160 or so!

All the best

Vince
Old May 18, 2006, 12:29 PM   #6

Hi Vince,

Thanks for the info on the batteries, and the heads up on the higher capacity ones coming into stock. Methinks I'll be snagging a couple of batteries and a desktop charger from them next week.

Cheers :-)
Old Jul 16, 2006, 9:48 PM   #7

People seem to like this camera. Is there any negatives you have about it?

I read the review by PCMagazine that wasn't very good for this camera.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1908288,00.asp

However Steves review sounds good for it, as does the user reviews on the Circuit City website, and Amazon, plus here from what I can see. And all the user reviews that used to be on the ebuyer.com website were very good.

Is there any truth to that PCMagazine article? They claim jumpy video and noisey photos. I thought the videos looked very good from what I had seen on Steves website and a sample one off the Sanyo website.

I also had debated between this camera or maybe the Sony DSC-N1, but that costs a lot more money.
tcool93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2006, 7:19 PM   #8

Not that anyone cares But I did buy this camera and so far I like it, but am not sure yet if I will keep it.

I know some reviews claim the pictures are over-processed. But I don't agree, I think they look great. Even when comparing the pictures on this website with the canon sd600, I think the Sanyo E6 are better. The edges on the Canon are soft like Steve mentions. The colors are also very good on the Sanyo.

In the movie mode though, the zoom makes a horrible noise on the video (it doesn't sound anywhere near that bad from the camera itself). I wouldn't even recommend using the zoom during video because of it. However the video quality is excellent, minus some slight tearing effect that normally seems to come with .mov video files.

The video sharpness even looks better than my Canon S1 does, indoors anyways. Although it doesn't have a stabilizer and the sound isn't quite as good as my S1.

I am surprised that it doesn't have an AF assist lamp on it. I thought all new cameras did? It doesn't appear to have a problem focusing though in dimmer light.

I also love the 3" screen, its so much easier to tell if the picture is in focus.

tcool93 is offline   Reply With Quote