Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Apr 17, 2006, 5:18 PM   #1

Hey everyone. Figured maybe you guys could give me some advice.... I've been eyeing the Sanyo HD1 for a while now, and I decided to check out Ebay. Some people from overseas are selling them for $635 shipped to the US. Price seems too good to be true, but the sellers feedback seems good for other expensive items and I don't think its a scam. Let me know what you guy's think! Here's the auction:

http://tinyurl.com/n59p4

Greygooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2006, 8:21 PM   #2

Haven't heard back from anyone here..... but I contacted the seller and he informed me that it is the model sold in Japan and that there is virtually no difference as it comes with English interface and an English Manual. Still waiting to hear back again as I asked what he meant by 'virtually'. Still looking for any input from someone here though!
Greygooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2006, 10:51 PM   #3

I purchaseda C6 on E-bay. Even though I specified I wanted the "English" model, I received the Japanese model in an English model box. However it was very easy to switch the language. Also, I did not receive a full instruction manual, only the quick-start guide. But I was able to download the full manual from this forum. Beware that the auction specified no warranty, other than a 3 day replacement if it is dead on arrival. Think about that before you spend $600 on an electronic device with no warranty. Otherwise, my camera arrived from Hong Kong in 2 days, very speedy, but high shipping costs. Also, if something does go wrong and you decide to leave negative feedback, you can almost be certain that the seller will leave negative feedback for you as well. Just some thoughts for you to consider. I don't know much about that company myself.
mrmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 9:56 PM   #4

Just bought an HD-1 which I'm playing around with and found this thread. I got my English model yesterday in Hong Kong for about USD $550 so yes the prices are starting to fall and the one you mention is therefore not too good to be true. I live in Tokyo though and so I can confirm that the Japanese and overseas models are basically the same machine.
jeremytokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:51 AM   #5
Administrator

Bear in mind that most of those eBay HongKong sellers charge $50 or more shipping and that the non-US model is not covered by a warranty. Buyer beware!
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2006, 7:55 PM   #6

Saw it at Plemix.com for US$575 recently.........anything you buy has benefit vs risk. U only have to figure how much risk u can take.

:idea: jbat2
jbat2 is offline   Reply With Quote