Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 3, 2006, 12:56 PM   #1

I hadn't seen this brought up before and hope it helps someone.

The Freeware progam "The Core Pocket Media Player" which is available for all types of PocketPC and Palm devices (search for TCPMP) works great playing back C6 files right off the SD card with no modification.

The only trick is that the AAC sound codec plugin is not a part of the most recent version (.71 or .72) of the program. So you have to do a google search for that (TCPMP AAC plugin- different versions for Palm and Pocket PC) and then install it separately.

Once it is all installed I found that my Axim X30 plays all of the resolutions just fine, My Palm Tungsten C stutters on the highest resolution mode (choosing low quality playback mode in the TCPMP software helps). A faster Palm would probably do just fine. Sound is perfect.

The program is really simple, plays almost anything, and is totally free with no nagware etc.
Groch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2006, 6:01 AM   #2

Hi Groch,

Thanks for the info. My O2 Mini hesitated a bit onnormalquality till Ioverclockedfrom 416 to 520with "Pocket Hackmaster".Low ran OK without overclocking. If I select Lowest quality, the progrm shuts down. Any ideas?

Ken
Kendb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2006, 9:24 AM   #3

It shuts down on mine at the lowest setting too, perhaps only a few pocket PCs can handle that speed.

As I indicated my Axim X30 plays full resolution on normal mode fine, and it is a few years old, so the current high powered ones should work well.

Groch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2006, 4:22 PM   #4

The O2 has a good processor, but I think it shares it'sresources with the phone? as it doesn't run as quick as the specs would suggest.

It's nice to be able to play files from my C6 though!

Thanks again, Ken
Kendb is offline   Reply With Quote