Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 6, 2006, 12:54 PM   #1

I have followed every guide on how to make the .mp4 files importible to premier but it wont work.

have tried mp4cam2avi, AVI-mux, MP4BOX etc.

when i load the .avi file into premier it says

"unsupported audio rate in file"

This is even ahppening when it doesnt have any audio becouse i have extracted the video out of the file. it reads"no audio" in the file but still premier says that the audio rate is unsupported ??

I have divx installed and i use premier pro 2.0.

Anyone knows why it wont work ??
They play fine in Media player and every other player i tried.

PS i dont got the camera yet, its downloaded film clips from sanyo site etc.
Do i need some sort of driver that comes with the camera to open the files ?

Help pls soon to be owner of a c6.
dregelmyller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2006, 1:36 PM   #2

For video editing, when using MP4Cam2AVI, select audio format: "PCM (uncompressed)". This will transfer the video but also convert the audio to uncompressed format. This will make the output file bigger, but it's much simpler for the video editing program to handle.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 2:18 PM   #3

Thanks for replying, but i have tried every sound-option in all like 4 different programs including MP4Cam2AVI and still same result. even when i pick "no audio" output or extract only the video so there could possibly not be any sound in the file. still premier says that its unsuported audio rate..

I have no problem opening other videofiles so its wierd :S
Old May 6, 2006, 3:05 PM   #4

A quick search reveals it's a problem with PP. PP apparently has problems with Divxandeven theMPEG formatin general. Apparently you need to convert the video to uncompressed AVI for PP to be able to handle it.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 4:01 PM   #5

Thanks for looking it up for me.
making it an uncompressed avi isnt really a option if i want to make long video clips like 30-60min. would require huge admounts gigs of space :S

I really like Premier and i got plugins for it i want to use so what should i do...

Hopefully there will come a solution..

Old May 7, 2006, 6:50 AM   #6

I did some fast calculation (mayby not totaly accurate) based on a file i converted to uncompressed avi with virtualdub.

a 60min file will require wooping 100Gigs of space :?
Old May 7, 2006, 4:43 PM   #7

Tried out the new vegas 6.0d and i liked it ALOT. Needed some adjustments thought.

I opened the orginal .mp4 file and it looked like the colors and levels didnt match the original so i added a color correction filter and a levels filter.

Change the color to "studio RGB to Computer RGB" and the level filter i decreased the gamma somewhat.
another thing i had to adjust was the righclicking on video in the timeframe and
change "resample" to none. or else it got blurred when rendered.

I rendered the file with the new built in H264 codec and got the filesize down 40% without loosing detail :-) . its probobly possible to get even lower filesize by testing for optimal bitrate.

its a sweet piece of software.. now i only need to learn how to use everything in it :P

Old May 8, 2006, 8:48 PM   #8

I'm using MP4Cam2AVI with all thesettings at default. The resulting .avi files are very similar in size to the original Mpg4 files and Adobe Premier accepts them OK?

Ken
Kendb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 4:23 AM   #9

*edit*

I found a solution on the vegas and premier problem !,
by following a tip i found on a forum i can now import the files into vegas and premier..

"
Before you can successfully import any divx or xvid file in Vegas, you HAVE TO change the fourcc header to "DIVX" (all caps)!!! Most of the divx files I had showed DX50, with that Vegas DID NOT recognize the audio stream."

this was the problem, when converting with MP4Cam2AVI it saved them with DX50 or XVID header (atleast for me) and that didnt work for vegas or premier. you have to manually write DIVX in the header.

Oh well, now i am happy
Hope it helps someone else too !

Kendb wrote:
Quote:
I'm using MP4Cam2AVI with all thesettings at default. The resulting .avi files are very similar in size to the original Mpg4 files and Adobe Premier accepts them OK?

Ken