Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 20, 2006, 12:12 PM   #1

When I recently got my C6 I was wondering if Sanyo might have a new firmware. Maybe I'm not looking at the right place but I can't find the version of my camera's firmware. I looked at the JPG and MP4 created by the camera and all I see in there is ver1.0.0 for JPG and Sledder ver 0.01 for MP4, for all C6files, old and new. So I assumed I had the same firmware as the original C6s. But something clicked when I looked at the language menu on my C6. I remembered that Akihabara News had posted a review video and the language screen was different. This tells me that I don't have the same firmware as Akihabara News' C6 did.

See for yourself. Akihabara News' C6 language screen (A):

The language screen on my C6 (B):

So has anybody found out how to tell their firmware version? If not, does your language screen look like A, B, or C = something else? Thanks.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2006, 3:42 AM   #2

I bought the C-6 from Plemix last December right after it came out. While Plemix advertised a VPC-C6 (US version), I actually received the DMX-C6 (Japanese version). My language screen looks like "A."

I'm wondering whether the difference has something to do with which country's version of the C6 you have rather than the firmware version.

It would be nice to know what firmware version we have and what is the latest firmware version, in the event Sanyo actually tries to fix some of the issues with the C-6.
gusher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2006, 7:09 PM   #3

I recently bought minein Canada from Dell.ca (Dell Canada). The boxhas"SANYO Fisher Company USA" and "SANYO Canada Inc." printed on it.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 5:56 PM   #4

Just got my C6 from hong kong last week(june 7th).
Box is labeled VPC-C6EXBK made in Japan.
It shows screen (B).
So there hasn't been any obvious updating recently it seems :/

Lagmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2006, 2:45 PM   #5

Hi,
I bought mine for 409$CA no tax .. its a DMX C6. brand new,, problem is all instruction is in japanese.

Also I read a thread from Canon about the DEAD/HOT Pixel and an upgraded firmware was able to fix their pixel issues. If sanyo xacti has one it may fix the pixel issues fo some xacti owners..

echo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 9:45 PM   #6

Caelum,

Ijust purchased my C6 from Plemix and it has menu B. Mine however was not a DMX like Gusher1 but rather a VPC C6EXE! which I believe is the European version. Can anyone confirm? And Yes Plemix did not advertise that it was a US version but boy after I purchased I was browsing their site and it sure took a little effort to find that it was an import!, unlike other merchants that make it known up front.

However, my questionis does anyone know the differences in the nomenclatures? I suspect they are subtle and possibly just geographic and I hope they aren'tdifferent language menu's? :homey:

moda0222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2007, 1:09 AM   #7

My DMX-C6 that I got from Warehouse123 just before Christmas 2005 has menu "A", even after I upgraded my firmware to version 1.1.0 with the latest patch.
There were 2 folders from the firmware download, 1 was called "DMXC6" and the other was "DMXC6 and VPCC6", I used the patch from the second folder.
I got a lot of good use from this little camera, the audio had been disappointing but I think it is a lot better now! Still have a bunch of testing to do...

Grunchy is offline   Reply With Quote