Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 27, 2006, 11:36 AM   #1

Hi All!

After two month of happy usage of c6 I still can't make a proper movies from fragments. I've purchased the $39 Ulead VideoStudio 9.0 with mpeg support and I'm using it to glue fragments together.

The problem is, after 5-6 fragments the sound is ahaid of video by 5 sec and I don't know how to fix it. In the beginning of the movie it's ok, but gets worse to the end.

I've tried to use some freeware mpeg2avi converter advertized on this forum a while ago, tried a dozen of options and used resulting avi files, but it doesn't get better.

Did anyone solve this? It would be great to get some tips!

Andrew
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2006, 7:01 PM   #2

Androxylo:

I did not notice any significant delay of the audio, but I have not joined more than three video clips together. It seems that the miniscule (tens of milisecond) audio delay in one video clip add together when many video clips are joined together, making the delay noticeable.

MP4CAM2AVI does have a function to correct the audio lagging behind video -

http://mp4cam2avi.sourceforge.net/index.htm#faq

Move UP the page and look for "Advanced settings window"

look up "Audio track delay, ms" (the guide suggests setting a negative value when the audio lags ("comes later"))

You have to play around with the number of miliseconds to find the right one.

You can use MP4CAM2AVI to correct the audio lag as well as joining all the clips:

Action: Convert & join (Many -> One AVI)

However, if you intend to use VideoStudio (VS) to do some editing (eg. add commentary, scene transition etc.) you should use the other function:

Action: Batch convert (Many -> Many AVI)

and then use VS to join all the converted clips (in XVID/ DIVX AVI format), as well as doing the editing.

You can access the "Advanced settings window" from the main window:

Attached Images

blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 11:20 PM   #3

Thanks a lot!

Actually this is what I was trying to do before. I can't say I got identical results, but audio was not in sync anyway. I can have audio and video fixed to be in sync in sync in every fragment, but when I join 15 fragments its all bad again :-(
Maybe it's VideoStudio defect, though strange?

Thanks
Androxylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 1:51 PM   #4

Did you use MP4CAM2AVI to join the clips as well? If you did and still get audio lag, I wonder if you should use MP4CAM2AVI to correct the audio lag of EACH clip, save them individually, then open MP4CAM2AVI (or VideoStudio) and import all clips to join them together.

I worry that if you tell MP4CAM2AVI to do the "audio lag" correction AND clip joining functions at the same time, it may only correct the audio lag in the FIRST clip but not the subsequent ones.
blindsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2007, 3:21 AM   #5

Sorry for replying in 1 year old post, but ut I'd like to clarify some things about MP4Cam2AVI to avoid misunderstanding:

The parameter 'audio track delay, ms' corrects audio/video lag in EACH clip, even when they are joined together. So, you should use it only if the audio/video desync occurs in each input clip.

It seems thatstarter ofthis topic has different problem - INCREASING audio/video desync after joining the clips. It happens because the audio and video length in source clips are not equal, and when the video app joins them, it joins audio and video streams separately, so we get increasing desync. I.e. if audio is 50ms shoter than video (Sanyo C1) after joining 100 clips we will get 50ms*100 = 5 sec audio/video desync.

But this problem is solved in MP4Cam2AVI - it adds some 'silence' at the endof each clipif the audio is shorter, so, audio and video should be synced even if you join 100-200 clips.
graywolf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote