Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old May 31, 2006, 10:29 PM   #1

I'm planning on buying the Xacti VPC-C6. They're going for under $400 new including an extra battery and a 1gig SD on ebay, a significant savings over the retail prices. They ship from Hong Kong, but the sellers have plenty of good feedback. However, do I lose out on the warranty or anything else? Is it worth paying more and getting it retail?
who_am_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2006, 2:17 AM   #2

I just got mine from Hong Kong a few days ago, fast delivery and everything was as stated in the auction. Even got the correct power cord

Now all that remains to be seen is wheter i'll live to regret it (warranty) :sad:

As for the price savings that's pretty substancial, the cam without any goodies(extra battery/SD card) is 4100DKK here (~700$) i got it for 2600DKK all inclusive off Ebay.
So there is actually quitea margin for warranty postage hehe
Lagmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2006, 2:49 PM   #3

the xacti vpc c6 if bought in Canada (2001audiovideo and some independent stores) will cost you 700$CA + tax.. I bought mine in EBAY for 409CA$ no tax.. and of course no warranty.. but i didnt mind the warranty since its half the store price.
echo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2006, 1:23 PM   #4

aloha from san francisco,

check out www.prestigecamera.com if you want substantial saving on the VPC-C6, i got mine for under $300.00. You may want to buy the batteries elsewhere and of course they try to get you buy other stuff with it but if you done your research you know what is fine for you to buy from them and what is had at better prices elsewhere.

musicmonger_sf

musicmonger_sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2006, 4:37 PM   #5
Administrator

Prestige Camera is a good place to run away from ... typical Brooklyn NY crooks, see what ResellerRatings has to say about them:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1995.html
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 1:31 PM   #6

Aloha Steve,

That consumer service rating woud have been a reasonble part of my research into the purchase of the VPC-C6, as they do then to try to bundle in a bunch of stuff at unreasonable prices unless you've done the research - caveat emptor. That having been said, I did not buy the added stuff which would have more than covered the shocking low-price of this unit from p-c. My unit arrived inexpected and reasonable amount of time, complete and intact.

Wetake risks no matter where we buy, and yes doing the research or using that of someone else to make our purchase selection be it product or retailer/wholesaler comes down to taking the least amount of risk factor or accepting the most of it. Is today our lucky day?

Your site is replete with great info, next time, I hope to see your site prior to my next purchase as I expect in the next year or two something else will come along to catch my eye or surpass the current threshold of what's technologically available at reasonableprices.

mahalo,

musicmonger_sf

musicmonger_sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 4:06 PM   #7

Bought both My c3 and c5 from HK ebay sellers. When your saving half the price, that's worth the risk imo. Also considering the huge positive feedback on these sellers (10000+) with only minimal negatives. The risk is small. Buying my c6 soon
s96024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2006, 5:42 PM   #8

Just curious,.....if you have the C5, why are you buying the C6? I also have a C5 and agree it's a terrific little camcorder. I get good videos and good stills. For my purposes having both functions in one small unit is important. The C5, for me, would be perfect with more zoom and a viewfinder. Does the C6 have a feature I haven't heard about? Thanks,..Jack
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 4:08 AM   #9

The sole reason I upgraded from a C5 to a C6 was the much better video in lowlight. the C6 is streets ahead of the C5 in this respect. Had the C5 been as capable in this repect, I don't think I'd have bothered!
vincesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:30 AM   #10

I aslo just bought mine from the same vendor on Ebay that you possibly used. how fast did you receive the item after you purchased it? I am new here and this is my first hybird. I am very excited to receive it.
focacci is offline   Reply With Quote