Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Jul 18, 2006, 1:00 PM   #1

As of the present time, we are set to ship our first units to dealers from our warehouse in Californiaon September 5, 2006.
Sanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2006, 2:34 AM   #2

Hi Sanyo

I have posted a question for you on the differences of the HD1a model over the older model, and also firmware fixes for the old model.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...563107#p563107
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:37 AM   #3

Hi Sanyo,

I appreciate your comments on this forum. You may or may not want or be able to answer my question, but here goes anyway.

It seems the HD1a improvements are the lower resolution videos for ipods etc and the widescreen stills. Also mentioned is improved in camera editing.

Am I correct that the HD1 has the in camera deleting and clip shortening? Do you know what else the HD1 can do?

I'm thinking that a guy might get a really good deal on an HD1 and have the better screen that it uses and only losing the widescreen stills and the ipod video thing.

Will Sanyo continue to support the screen on the HD1?

Hasthe black screen problem been cured? Are there any real reasons to wait for the HD1? It doesn't seem to offer anything significant that the HD1 doesn't have, except perhaps quality of mfg and reliability. These have the potential to be GREAT camcorders and I'm anxious to have one or the other. Besides all that, my son is itching to get my Xacti C5 handed down!

Thanks, Sanyo

[email protected]
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:49 AM   #4

Your understanding of the differences are correct.

As to which one you should get, I can not answer that. The MSRP at $100 less for the HD1a is an attractive difference as well.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 12:16 AM   #5

So, there are no other improvements over the HD1? The "jaggies" that seem pretty prevalent on lines angled from upper-left to lower-right are still there? It only adds "ipod" video support and widescreen stills?
splunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:58 PM   #6

Since it is now Sept. 6, are there any updates on Sanyo's shipping schedule for the HD1a? Amazon is still showing an estimated ship date of Sept. 20, but I have found in the past that they tend to be conservative.

Steve, are you getting one of these units to do a review?

Sanyo wrote:
Quote:
As of the present time, we are set to ship our first units to dealers from our warehouse in Californiaon September 5, 2006.
newbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 1:28 PM   #7

You are correct,Amazon tends to be conservative - (for good reason!)

The updated shipping schedule is now September 12th from our California warehouse. (The 12th looks accurate based on the information received yesterday).

newbs wrote:
Quote:
Since it is now Sept. 6, are there any updates on Sanyo's shipping schedule for the HD1a? Amazon is still showing an estimated ship date of Sept. 20, but I have found in the past that they tend to be conservative.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 3:22 PM   #8

All open orders have been shipped from our warehouse (yesterday and today). ETA to our customers are generally by Friday.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 12:22 PM   #9

Anyone pre-order one of the HD1a?
APK-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 7:08 PM   #10

Yes, I pre-ordered it from Amazon, and I'm looking forward to getting it soon. I did elect "free super saver shipping" which means it will probably take an extra week to reach me, but I'm just a cheap bastard.

I think it is a testament to Sanyo that 6 months after their initial release, they are still the only ones out with a pocketable HD resolution camcorder, now at an even more reasonable price. I know the HD1 has its faults, and the HD1a will have similar faults, but it fits my needs very well.

APK-1 wrote:
Quote:
Anyone pre-order one of the HD1a?
newbs is offline   Reply With Quote