Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 4, 2006, 5:38 PM   #1

I currently have a MiniDV Cannon camcorder, but I can't pull it out and get it started up quick enough to catch my sons funny moments. I've done a lot of looking and settled on the C6, but i still haven't seen the video quality in person. I'm not interested in the camera, just the camcorder. Will the video look good on an average 32" television, 42"? 21" computer monitor?? Basically is it going to look like a typical crappy internet video or will it look nice. It is a lot of money for my family and I don't want to pay a 15% restocking fee if it sucks. Thanks in advance!
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2006, 11:01 AM   #2

Personally I think C6 video looks better than VHS, but not quite as good as DV. On a CRT TV I cannot tell the difference between C6 video and DV, so for TV purposes, I think C6 videos look great. They are fluid and clear and don't look like "internet video" at all. On the PC you will notice the pixels and compression artefacts more, but full screen on my 22" monitor it's still perfectly acceptable to me. I imagine that on a large high-definition 42"+ TV, plasma or LCD, it won't look so hot, but then again, regular, non high-defTV broadcasts looks like crap on those TVs. I think the closest I can compare the videoto is the quality of a DVD recorder (not commercial pre-recorded DVDs!).

The C6 met all my expectations for an ultra-compacthybrid.Be warned that there are some issues, but they mostly stem from the C6 being so small, so it's a trade off. For example, you hear the zoom and focus mechanism in the audio, it's like a "tic-a-tic-a-tic". The flash is weak. The lens is small, so while the C6 features "9 pixel mixture" technology to help improve low light video, indoor night-time video will still be noisy. The C6 is best suited in bright light, especiallyfor photos which can look very good.

I took the C6 on a trip along with a Gorillapod, a couple of spare (cheap) clone batteries and a couple of 2GB SD cards and this made me really appreciate the C6. I got lots of great photos and hours of videos since I carried it at all times without any encumbrance at all. It really is perfect for travelling.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 3:31 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply! I am placing my order tonight.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote