Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sanyo

Old Aug 22, 2006, 4:14 PM   #1

Does anyone know of a good fitting case for the Sanyo E6 camera? The closest match I have come to is the dimensions of the Sony T30 camera.

I saw a couple of merchants on ebay selling some nice looking leather ones (not for the Sanyo but Sony T30). However what is stupid is that the measurements they give on their ebay page do not match the measurments the camera manufacturers has... yet they claim their cases are an exact size.

I guess I need to learn to stop buying the offbrand cameras because its a real pain trying to find cases for them.

Here are a couple I like, but don't know if I want to risk buying it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/SuperSlim-Genuin...QQcmdZViewItem

Few people own this camera so I most likely won't get a reply.
tcool93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2006, 1:18 PM   #2

I have a Targus case that holds my C40 nicely.It has another compartment for a cell phone or whatever.It has a belt clip that holds it securely.Measurements are 7.5x4.75x1.
philbert1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 1:20 AM   #3

After I posted that I ended up buying the Lowepro Rezo 15 case that seems to fit the camera great.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 9:16 AM   #4

I bought this camera recently (UK) .. Really happy with performance and design. Sanyo have made a real effort to compete with popular brands. I purchased a Tamrac Digital case code 5204 for under £5 and it has room for a spare battery and sd card and doesn't make the camera too much bulkier to hold. It isn't leather and I will look out for a leather version at some point. Do Sanyo have their own case for this E6 ? I am uummming and arrring about purchasing a spare battery. Possibly ebay..... may be cheaper ?
Little Davel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2006, 11:07 AM   #5

I like mine also. Only thing is that the zoom is loud on mine. Although I tried another one which the zoom was extremely quiet, but didn't keep that one due to it not being as sharp in all 4 corners as the one I bought first.

I also tried one of the leather cases, but they really aren't as thin as they look on their pictures. The Lowepro case I bought is pretty close to the same.

Sanyo does have their own case for this camera, but I could not find anyone selling it here in the USA. And Sanyo never replied to my emails.

As for the battery, I haven't bought a spare yet, but when I do it will be one of the batteries on ebay. It uses the "db-l20" battery.

Little Davel wrote:
Quote:

I bought this camera recently (UK) .. Really happy with performance and design. Sanyo have made a real effort to compete with popular brands. I purchased a Tamrac Digital case code 5204 for under £5 and it has room for a spare battery and sd card and doesn't make the camera too much bulkier to hold. It isn't leather and I will look out for a leather version at some point. Do Sanyo have their own case for this E6 ? I am uummming and arrring about purchasing a spare battery. Possibly ebay..... may be cheaper ?
Old Nov 5, 2006, 11:22 AM   #6

:-) I am thinking about ebay (uk) at present. There is a guy selling batteries £0.76 each and £4 postage which seems very good and he getsOk recommendations.

What I like about the Sanyos is the inclusion of the Konica Minolta non Protruding lens. The old compact KM range was very good and Sanyo have picked up on that.

The new E60 is out in the Uk and appears quite cheap on a few sites. It has Image Stabilization for movie mode and in- camera red eye adjustment which would be useful.

Currently the E6 can be purchased for £115 via amazon.co.uk Marketplace. It seems more expensive in the US ? Which I don't understand.... most things are more costly in the UK !

Old Nov 5, 2006, 1:49 PM   #7

I have found a leather case for the E6 at Pixmania. Code is VCP E6L and is currently £17 (plus p&p) which isn't cheap !
Old Nov 5, 2006, 5:38 PM   #8

New batteries here for $9.99 with lifetime warranty.Also chargers are very reasonable.

http://www.batteries.com/index.asp?s...atchpartialmax

philbert1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2006, 3:54 AM   #9

Good price ! as good as most ebay prices certainly - particularly when ebay postage etc can be quite high.

Is this a popular cam in the US ? I think its quite underated !