Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Old Sep 15, 2006, 10:35 PM   #1

I just recently joined the Sigma family by virtue of picking up a Sigma 70~210 f2.8 for $180.00 US. I then needed a body for this very nice piece of glass so picked up a SD9. Other than a power problem that Sigma solved by sending a new battery tray I find the camera growing on me. With the SD14 coming I may have tougher decision to make as to staying with all my Minolta A mount glass ans following Sony or Jump ship to Sigma, Nikon or Canon. I love how the Foveon produces images.

Quick question. How/where can I see how many shutter actuations have occurred? Is it in the exif somewhere or buried in one of the functions? Has anyone tried shooting IR with a Hoya R72 or other infrared filters?

Mike
mikekeyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:08 AM   #2

Perhaps I phrased my questions wrong.

A. Howdo you find out the number of times the shutter release button has initiated the sequence of events leading up to the point of image capture? i.e. push button, lock focus, lift mirror, trip shutter, sensor sucks in image and spits it out to the memory card.
I'd like to know if the body I have has been used 5,000 or 50,000 times, where can it be determined.

B. Will the removal if the mirror box protective cover an replacing it with clear glass enhance Sigmas IR capture?

mikekeyw is offline   Reply With Quote