Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Old Jun 6, 2003, 4:08 PM   #1

Default USB Issues

All,
I'm having fits getting my new SD-9 to allow me to read files off of the CF card through the USB connector on the camera. For some reason, after I plug in the USB cable and turn on the camera, all of the items from the color LCD on the back are unavailable, the 'frames' remaining indicator on the monochrome LCD at the top is blank, and the PhotoPro software is unable to detect the camera as being connected. I've un-installed and re-installed the PhotoPro software twice, Flashed the system BIOS on my PC and updated the falsh code on the camera, but nothing is working. Any help out there???

Thanx,
Eric, II
ewfors is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2003, 11:13 AM   #2
Administrator

What OS are you using? Windows 98SE has tons of known USB bugs, if using this OS - update! Are you using a USB hub? Lots of USB things don't like hubs, try plugging it in to computer direct and see if that solves the problem.

I highly suggest that you just get yourself a card reader - there are dozens of great (and cheap) card readers out there now. SanDisk, Delkin, Lexar and etc. See my reviews of some of the more popular ones here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/digi_...s.html#readers

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2003, 10:50 AM   #3

I'm running Win2K Server. I wouldn't run 98 on anything if I could possibly help it :!: Thanx for the advise though.

I did get a card reader from Lexar. The first one had a faulty cable, but the second one worked fine. I still can't get the USB connection on the camera to work correctly, but it is of little concern since I am using the card reader now. I will need to have a way to connect to the camera for BIOS and Flash updates though. I'm thinking I'll buy a firewire card for my PC for that purpose.

Thanx,
Eric, II
ewfors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2003, 10:05 PM   #4

I have tried connecting a new Sigma SD 9 camera (Photo Pro ver 1.1) to two computers via the USB cable. On both computers ( XP) the software and drivers appeared to be correctly loaded . However when the camera was switched on, the upper left window showed the camera was detected, but a " No CF Card" message was recorded, and then a message " SD 9 not connected" would follow. I replaced the CF card and the same thing happened. When disconnecting the USB cable from the camera the CF cards were recognised by the camera.

One one computer, I installed the firewire drivers and cable. This worked perfectly.

This leads me to suspect the USB driver is not working correctly. Could anyone shed any light on the subject?

Trevor
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote