Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Old Oct 17, 2006, 2:54 AM   #1

Anyone know when is this lens coming out and at what price ?

Sigma 18-200 mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS
guillermovilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2006, 8:40 PM   #2

Sigma-imaging uk have said Dec/Jan and there was no mention of the price.
cicmerida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:38 AM   #3

H,

I spoke to Sigma UK today and they advised that this lens should be available in 2 months...looks like we'll have to wait and see how good it really is. On paper, I'm very interested....
mcody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 3:57 AM   #4

Well looks like we had the same Idea, I wrote Sigma an email asking when we are likely to see the launch of the 18-200 OS lens and I got this reply...

"We do not have a release date for the lens at this time. We will make an announcement on our web site when more info becomes available.

Thank you,

Rory O*********e
Customer service/technical assistance
Sigma Corporation of America"

------ :?

No time soon then, either that or that department have no idea.

So Guys I now need some help, Im going to be hiking light as poss so only wanted to take a single lens, the wife will want to take photos of people where as I am dedicated to reptiles in the bush, no doubt a stupid question but any advice on a lens I did consider getting a 70-300 canon IS and take our 17-55mm along for the ride.

Shooting snakes isnt a issue but 4 inch lizard 6 meters away and fill the frameis what I really need the lens for.. suggestions. - Ive got a Canon 350d
RichUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 4:53 AM   #5

Hi. I spoke to a guy at Sigma UK today and he indicated that the launch has been delayed. "Its looking like March, probably the end of March", he said.

Based on that, March /April sounds more likely. Perhaps they're waiting to launch alongside something else....?

:idea:
Old Feb 17, 2007, 6:31 AM   #6

Well lets hope for a speedy release I need to source a lense in the next couple of months, I would say sounds like you say release along side something like comp or exhibition launch but from the first sniff last year to now and no 100% date again put off sounds as if they dont know.. like maybe issues, as long as its not quality issues hey!

they only need to supply one to me thats it :blah:
Old Feb 23, 2007, 8:59 AM   #7

availability for SONY/Minolta[in Germany/Austria] since one week [€ 440]... for Canon/Nikon in "some days"

Sigma homepage says "May" :roll:

Look there

brutto € 649

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2007, 1:37 PM   #8

Just checked out the Sigma User website and they quote a price of 439.99 - expected deliver April/May 2007...
Old Feb 25, 2007, 3:58 AM   #9

Germany here I come, If I could read that page! thanks DonalDuc

Thanks Guy, now what a dilema!!! nearly orderd canon 70-300mm IS lastnight until I read this but I wonder how longitwill take to get released andinto my handssayingthat no reviews yetand Im gonna be desperate fora lens by then!

comes with a hood too...

Ok peepslets say im packed to go away by june, whats likelyness this lens will be out reviewed and in my hand or do I go for an already availiable canon 70-300 IS and keep swapping lens...

What if the sigma turns out to be a gem... rrrrrrrrrrrrrr

predictions please!

Old Apr 9, 2007, 8:33 AM   #10

Has anybody had the chance to try this out? I have seen them on Amazon for $549 and am wondering if the OS system works as well as Canon's IS system.

Riktar is offline   Reply With Quote