Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 19, 2008, 12:23 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

Another from the same distance. Need to add here that this lens and TC combo love good light!
Attached Images
 
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 12:28 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

These two are with the Vivitar TX mount 300mm f/5.6 lens and the APO TC. The first is the full photo taken from about 45-50 feet distance hand held and the second is a crop of the first one.
Attached Images
 
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 12:29 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

No. 2
Attached Images
 
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 10:48 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
ishino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 661
Default

The Tamron AF 1.4x teleconverter works well with all my Pentax glass. Only problem with the Tamron is that it can be hard to find.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2008, 11:53 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 477
Default

Hmmmmm..... ok

The Sigma 50-500 combo with the Sigma APO 1.4 TC looks perfect!!!!

Is that a touch of CA/purple fringing I see with the Vivitar and the Sigma Sigma APO 1.4 TC ?

So perhaps the Sigma APO 1.4 TC is only a perfect match for the specified Sigma after all!!!

Anyway, thanks for that!!!
dnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2008, 11:54 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 477
Default

ishino wrote:
Quote:
The Tamron AF 1.4x teleconverter works well with all my Pentax glass. Only problem with the Tamron is that it can be hard to find.
I am I right in assuming that the Tamron AF 1.4 TC is the same as one of the Kenko TCs? (I think I read that somewhere)


dnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2008, 8:04 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

dnas wrote:
Quote:
Hmmmmm..... ok

The Sigma 50-500 combo with the Sigma APO 1.4 TC looks perfect!!!!

Is that a touch of CA/purple fringing I see with the Vivitar and the Sigma Sigma APO 1.4 TC ?

So perhaps the Sigma APO 1.4 TC is only a perfect match for the specified Sigma after all!!!

Anyway, thanks for that!!!
The fringing is from the Vivitar lens. Always has a little if the light is right. The TC doesn't add to it but rather seems to help with it. Good coatings will win out every time!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2008, 10:32 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 477
Default

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
dnas wrote:
Quote:
Hmmmmm..... ok

The Sigma 50-500 combo with the Sigma APO 1.4 TC looks perfect!!!!

Is that a touch of CA/purple fringing I see with the Vivitar and the Sigma Sigma APO 1.4 TC ?

So perhaps the Sigma APO 1.4 TC is only a perfect match for the specified Sigma after all!!!

Anyway, thanks for that!!!
The fringing is from the Vivitar lens. Always has a little if the light is right. The TC doesn't add to it but rather seems to help with it. Good coatings will win out every time!

Dawg
Ok, so the Sigma APO TC doesn't make it any worse, it there to brgin with??



Hmmmmm...... that's interesting. Might be worth another look.





dnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 10:54 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
bigdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thach Alabama
Posts: 14,981
Default

The Apochromatic lens element in the TC does help with the Fringing but cannot eliminate all of it. Even the very best lens wil have some Chromatic Aberation. a lot has to do with where the light source is. From behind the photographer is much better than from in front! Also the main lens being Apochromatic enabled would be better than having only the TC Apochromatic. That way it is filtered by the first lens in the stack and not the second one!

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:14 AM.