Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Old Jan 4, 2009, 8:22 PM   #1

I have used the Sigma EF-500 DG Super flash for my Sigma SD9 almost 9 months without any problem. Recently, I upgraded to SD14 and continue using the flash. Suddenly, it stop working when I using the zoom more than 70mm, it show 'Err" and the flash could not be use unless I turn it off and on again. If I use the zoom lens smaller than 70mm, it will be OK but the problem continues if I zooming greater than 70mm ( both 18-125mm and 70-300mm lens)

Anyone, please help me in this situation. Thanks a lot :-)
nhh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:51 AM   #2

I would contact Sigma and tell them of this situation and see if there is a firmware upgrade for this flash that they can do for you. I am not sure of what I suggest at all I seem to remember that another make had problems using a Sigma flash and that the firmware upgrade made it work.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2009, 1:01 AM   #3

Thank you for your reply. I called Sigma Customer Service and explained what happened to my flash. They seems very supprise because they do not even know why it happened like this. I hope they can fix it. :G
nhh66 is offline   Reply With Quote