Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:35 AM   #1

Default Viewfinder Solution for DP Merrill Compacts

As many probably know, Sigma has produced an LCD "loupe" type viewfinder for the new Sigma DP Quattro camera, but nothing for the DP1m, DP2m or Dp3m compact cameras. The Sigma solution for the Quattro costs $300 plus shipping but thankfully there is a MUCH more economical solution for the DP Merrills. Over the last couple years I've tested numerous solutions for the DP Merrills, and have finally found the answer. I tried Hoodman, Carry-Speed, Zacuto and others but the best solution I've found is less expensive and works better. It's the Xtend-a-View Pro 3.0 by Photosolve. I've been using the Xtend-a-View line for many, many years with dozens of my digital cameras and have found them to be rugged, dependable and a fine solution. I finally talked to Phil Williams, the owner of Photosolve and tried his latest solution. It works perfectly! Follow the link below to my mini-review of this fine product:

http://www.lin-evans.org/xtend/index.htm

Best regards,

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:34 PM   #2

I just heard from Photosolve and they do indeed ship anywhere in the world. The average cost for Priority shipping of just the Xtend-a-View itself is $20 offshore and for the Xtend-a-View plus Xtend-a-Mount kit complete is $40 offshore. This is still way below the cost of most alternatives for a really nice solution for the Merrill cameras.

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote