Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Old Jun 20, 2004, 5:03 PM   #1

Hi There - I've been going wild with my SD10 taking pictures, blowing them up, printing large, etc. I've just sold off my trusty Canon D60, which, tho very nice, couldn't scale up as nicely.

My question - I've started to notice that, under SOME conditions, I get a little red "ringing"where there is a sharp vertical change line (bright on left, dark on right). I realize this is due to the cheaper lensthat was shipped withcamera by vendorand would like to know what are the best lenses to use with the SD10. Sigma has Sooooo many lenses for this camera and I have no idea how to tell the different classes apart.

I had a Canon EF 24-85 mm Aspherical 1:3.5 - 4.5 which I was very happy with. With the Canon lense I could tell their top of the line, flourite, etc, lenses. Can anyone tell me how to tell which are Sigma's best? The Canon lense had a very large glass face, going almost to the very edge of the lens and could collect a lot of light, and never created any artifacts even in bright light and shadow, highcontrast situations.

Any guidance you can give me would be very much appreciated.

Thx!
S_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2004, 2:07 PM   #2

Sigma's EX line of lenses is their best. I have the SD9 with the kit lenses and also have purchased a 50mm EX liens. It is one very sharp lens, highly recommended by the Sigma users in the dpreview forum.
ntotrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2004, 11:20 PM   #3

ntotrr wrote:
Quote:
Sigma's EX line of lenses is their best. I have the SD9 with the kit lenses and also have purchased a 50mm EX liens. It is one very sharp lens, highly recommended by the Sigma users in the dpreview forum.
I agree the 50MM EX is great...the 105MM EX is also wonderful. Both do great macro shots and portraits.

ebgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 10:01 AM   #4
NHL

FYI http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...m_id=11&page=1

The EX series lenses are their high-line some with HSM: Sigma's ultrasonic drive are faster, silent, and with full-time manual overide of the autofocus!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote