Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Old Jun 6, 2005, 3:53 AM   #11

There are two solutions:

1. Turn camera off. Plug in DC power supply. Turn camera on. Turn camera off. Unplug DC power supply. Turn camera on.
2. Turn camera off. Open CR123 compartment. Close CR123 compartment. Turn camera on.

I run into this problem all the time with Alkalines.

However, if you take lots of pictures, you'll save lots of bucks getting a Quantum Intruments battery:
http://www.qtm.com/battery/digital_main.php

www.page-jason.com
www.pbase.com/jasonpage
jasonpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 1:18 AM   #12

Hi,

I've had the same problems with my SD9.

When you pull the batterybracket out, and then closed it again, the problem is gone.

Maybe it's a problem with the bracketcontact.

Greetings from the Netherlands
ErwinAue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2005, 4:03 PM   #13

Yes, I have had the same problems and will give Sigma a call. I was considering trying rechargeables to replace the disposable cr123A's. I have found RCR123A 3.6v and RCR123A 3.0v online. Neither have as much mAh as the disposables. Any thoughts about that?

Thanks

cregister
cregister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 1:01 PM   #14

Sigma SD-9 cameras with a serial number lower than 1009xxx seem to be eligible for a free, heavy duty battery case.

Sigma's number is (800) 896-6858. I've just requested mine & they seem like a great company to deal with.

skysky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 12:08 PM   #15

I've run into this problem on an SD10 - I found the battery indicator stuck at flashing empty with new batteries in both the regular tray and the vertical grip. I tried to change the CR123 lithium cells but since the camera's not mine I was reluctant to dig at the cover with sharp things after undoing the 2 screws, and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to remove it - am I missing something? The manual says nothing about changing the lithium cells.

Regardless, by chance, I found that if you switch the camera ON without any batteries in it at all, the indicator goes out. After that, it seems to accept that new batteries are in fact not dead. It still eats alkalines at a ferocious rate, though.
carloz46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 8:40 PM   #16

I had the same problem with this camera. After reading some of the articles on the internet I decided to clean the contacts on the battery tray, and it worked. I have a picture of the contacts to be cleaned on the following link

http://sigmasd9.pagefish.com/

I love this camera... You can see some of my work on the same link. I will update the link above frequently, so keep checking.

Kaz
surfwax is offline   Reply With Quote