Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Closed Thread

Old Oct 2, 2004, 1:43 AM   #81

Lin Evans wrote:
Quote:
Put your crystal ball away and learn a little about photography. You've once again poven you haven't a clue. Obviously you have zero understanding of what "blown" highlights are and I have neither the time nor inclination to teach you.
Solid 255s are blown, simple. All Canon CMOSs blow challenging highlites, so don't feel bad, it's not you. The 1Ds Mk2 has the same old issues:

http://img2.dpreview.com/gallery/can...s/vb2c0083.jpg

Quote:
One more time so you get the point - but of course you won't - this isn't a Canon versus Sigma forum, so take your anti-Canon sentiments and tell someone who cares.

I'm anti-everything bad. Which is exactly whyI'm here, to refute your absurdnotion that Foveon and Sigma are intentionally and maliciously liaring when they correctly list the SD9/10 at 10.3MP. Along with your equally illogical rationalization ($8000 out of pocket will do that to a person) that marketing an 11MP monochrome sensor as an 11MPcolor sensor is just fine. You 're stuck with 11MPs of 400% interpolated bandwidth, anyway, as if that's a good thing.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 10:53 AM   #82

If you had even 1/10th of the "knowledge" you "think" you have, you would be dangerous.

First, you don't even know enough to realize that the image which you seem to be fixated on wasn't made with a "CMOS" camera. Second, you don't have the skills or knowledge necessary to properly analyze chroma levels and determine what's "blown out" or not.

I've given you enough rope to show your ignorance and you've done that in spades. My suggestion to you is take an elementary course in PhotoShop and one in basic photography. Practice a few years then come back and discuss issues when you have a clue.

Lin
Old Oct 2, 2004, 11:13 AM   #83

Lin Evans wrote:
Quote:
If you had even 1/10th of the "knowledge" you "think" you have, you would be dangerous.

First, you don't even know enough to realize that the image which you seem to be fixated on wasn't made with a "CMOS" camera. Second, you don't have the skills or knowledge necessary to properly analyze chroma levels and determine what's "blown out" or not.

I've given you enough rope to show your ignorance and you've done that in spades. My suggestion to you is take an elementary course in PhotoShop and one in basic photography. Practice a few years then come back and discuss issues when you have a clue.
IOWs, all you can do is recite repetitive ad hominum attacks when someone correctly points out that you failed to understand that Bayers list monochrome photosite countswhen improperly advertising their "full color" MP rating.

You paid dearly for that misunderstanding when you thought your $8000 1Ds (post-Photokina, worth relatively little) was actually capturing 11MP of optical full color information. In reality itonly has 2.75M RGB triples--25% fewer than the SD9.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 11:56 AM   #84

Since you are the "source" of all the wrong information, you must personally be responsible for your comments.

"You" haven't a clue what you're talking about so there is no other way to describe you other than "clueless."

Once again you have unsuccessfully tried to turn this into a Canon versus Sigma issue by going to one of my sites and selecting what "you" mistakenly believed was an image from a CMOS Canon sensor, what "you" mistakenly believe has "blown highlights," what "you" mistakenly believed was a reduced size image,then building on your foundation of sand you proceeded to launch an unsuccessfuldiatribe against Canon and CMOS bayer sensors.

Take your sentiments somewhere where someone cares - you are simply wasting your time here. No one cares about your personal vendetta against Canon and bayer processing.

I have zero interest in anything you have to say because you've proven on multiple threadsand on multiple forums that you haven't a clue.You have simply rambledon and dug yourself deeper and deeper into foolish prattle just as you have countless other times. Don't you ever tire ofplaying the fool?

If you want to discuss the Sigma SD9/SD10 and things of interest to the forum then button up about Canon, bayer processing, CMOS sensors, etc., and confine your comments to items of interest to people who enjoy using their Sigma cameras.

Lin

Old Oct 2, 2004, 12:31 PM   #85

Lin Evans wrote:
Quote:
Take your sentiments somewhere where someone cares - you are simply wasting your time here. No one cares about your personal vendetta against Canon and bayer processing.
IOWs, now you understand that you didn't know Bayer photosites were monochrome when you mistakenly believed that an "x"MP Bayer actually provided xMPs of full color information. Now you are hopping mad that someone pointed out your mistake in public. It's your own fault for repeatedly calling Sigma and Foveon liars.

They are exactly right, the SD9 and SD10 are 10.3MP DSLRs.

Cope with that reality.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 12:43 PM   #86

Quote:
IOWs, now you understand that you didn't know Bayer photosites were monochrome when you mistakenly believed that an "x"MP Bayer actually provided xMPs of full color information. Now you are hopping mad that someone pointed out your mistake in public. It's your own fault for repeatedly calling Sigma and Foveon liars.
Once again you make a total fool of yourself - you obviously have serious mental problems.

Now you purport to tell me what I know and don't know and create a cute little straw man argument just like you've been doing all along by lying about what's been said.

Go findyourself a sandbox to play in, maybe one with a mirror in the bottomwhere you can impress yourself; you certainly are not impressing anyone here.

Lin
Old Oct 2, 2004, 12:53 PM   #87

Lin Evans wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Once again you make a total fool of yourself - you obviously have serious mental problems.
IOWs, all you can do is recite repetitive ad hominem attacks when someone correctly points out that you failed to understand that Bayers list monochrome photosite countswhen improperly advertising their "full color" MP rating.

Old Oct 2, 2004, 1:18 PM   #88

Quote:
IOWs, all you can do is recite repetitive ad hominem attacks when someone correctly points out that you failed to understand that Bayers list monochrome photosite counts when improperly advertising their "full color" MP rating.
Yet another straw man argument - seems to be all you can come up with. You haven't pointed out "anything".

You simply make a feeble attempt to create a scenario which never existed then argue from that shaky foundation to make a point which was never at issue.

A course in elemantary logic would do wonders for your debate abilities.

You've failed totally to make a convincing argument for your points and reverted to creative writing to bolster yourvivid imagination.I posted an SD9 image and suggestedthat youmove on and get off your Canon bashing platform and you chose toincorrectly critique that imagethen dig around onone of my sites to find something to use to allow you to ascend your Canon bashing platform.

You then incorrectlyassumed that the image was(1)a reduced size image (2) had blown highlights(3) was from a Canon CMOS sensor. You posted your gull shots and challenged me to argue with you about Canon versus Sigma. I informed you that this was a Sigma forum and no one hereexcept you had any interest in your Canonand bayer sensor bashing,yet you persist in continuingwith straw man arguments.

Go play somewhere else.

Lin
Old Oct 2, 2004, 1:47 PM   #89

Lin Evans wrote:
Quote:
You simply make a feeble attempt to create a scenario which never existed then argue from that shaky foundation to make a point which was never at issue.
Oh good, now you magically agree that the SD9 is 10.3MP, just like Foveon and Sigma told you from the beginning. Case closed.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 2:19 PM   #90

Nothing magical about it. The discussion concernedthe "fact" that the SD9/SD10 doesn't begin to approach the 11 or 14 megapixel bayer cameras in "resolution" and was never an argument about pixel count except in your warped imagination.

Case closed - I certainly hope so.

Lin

Closed Thread