Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Old Mar 10, 2005, 9:24 AM   #1

I haven't seen any reviews anywhere regarding this lens. I have not seen where anyone on this forum has even mentioned owning or using this lens either. Has anyone out there tried this lens yet for macro photoghraphy? I'm seriously thinking of buying this lens instead of the Sigma 105mm macro lens because of the greater working distance plus the HSM feature.
any info on this 150mm lens from users would be appreciated.
woodyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2005, 10:01 AM   #2

There were several people from the Sigma Users Group who attended PMA in Orlando, FL and had the opportunity to try this lens. Reports were very favorable and several said that the image quality was equal or better than the very good 105 mm Macro. I think it's a safe bet that you will like this lens very much.

Best regards,

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 6:30 AM   #3

Thanks Lin for the reply. I ordered this lens several days ago but I haven't received it yet. Looking forward to putting this lens through its paces.
woodyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 5:58 PM   #4

If you are using it on a DSLR, you will probably have to be aware of the lesser DOF compared to the 105 Macro. For instance, I tried the Nikon 200 Micro and the limited depth of field was a real wake-up for me. I guess it just made me more aware of it when shooting.
wingnut1 is offline   Reply With Quote