Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Old Apr 17, 2005, 1:55 PM   #1

I have been looking for a digital slr for several months now and had thought i'd made my mind up to buy the Nikon D70, then i came accross the Sigma SD10, now i don't know quite why i was drawn to it but i think it has something to do with Sigma being different and this stirred my interest. I have read good and bad reviews on this camera and to be honest the bad ones have not put me off, this is because the photo's that i have seen in galleries taken by the SD10 look stunning to me !

Now all i'm asking for is honest opinions on how good the camera is, build quality, reliability and of course image quality. I find myself realy wanting this camera for some reason, but will it be a better tool than the Nikon D70 ? I mainly photograph dogs and people portraits as well as landscapes. Any help much appreciated as i'm desperate to make a decision soon.
BULLHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2005, 3:08 PM   #2

Bullhead

I feel exactly the same about this camera, for some reason I want it and like you said I think it's because it's just different some how. The foveon sensor intrigues me, I think it may be the ideal camera for landscapes.

I currently have a Canon 300D which is excellent but I just want to try the Sigma.

What does everyone else think, come on guys help us out here. I'm just itching to spend me dosh.:?

cheers

Mart.:?
mf_blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 5:12 PM   #3

Mart

Thanks for replying to my question mate, just out of interest are you happy with the Canon 300D ? I ask because one of the cameras in my final list was the new 350D, i've seen good reviews of this camera and was tempted but like i said ealier this SD10 has caught my imagination with it's different approach, i just want to know more about it and what it's like to actually live with and use , mainly because most of the reviews seem slightly biased to the run of the mill cameras if you like. I like to hear from people who have actually shelled out hard earned cash give their opinions on cameras rather than people who might be influenced to go with the flow if you like. Cheers all the best.
BULLHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 5:18 PM   #4

What about the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT, and The EOS 20D? I too like the SD10, but these two seems unbeatable ??
code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:51 AM   #5

BULLHEAD

The 300D is excellent to be honest, it does have it's faults but not many, generally speaking the photographs are excellent but sometimes soft on the focus. In most cases that's easily remedied in photoshop. I really need to concentrate on my canon but am intrigued by the SD10. :?

I would really like the Canon 1D MKII and I will have one eventually but it's a bit extreme at the mo. Also the 1DS MKII for studio work but again the lottery didn't come in this week.:sad:

I do like the look of the SD10 and at the current prices may just get one to play with.:-)

You won't go wrong with Canon or the Sigma from the shots I've seen on here, the only advantage to the Canon is the accessories available really. IMHO.

cheers

Mart.
mf_blues is offline   Reply With Quote