Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Sigma dSLR

Old Aug 29, 2005, 8:15 AM   #1

Hi, this is my first time at this forum, i have just recently bought an SD10 upgrading from a 300D, but there seems to be a majour problem with the LCD screen. when i take a photo with an iso of 400 you can begin to red growing into anywhere there is white on the image and if you use iso 800 all white is replaced with this mad primary red colour. It takes photos in daylight with aperature 3.5 and iso 100/200 fine but if you begin lower the shutter speed from about 40 down, things start turning red again. The weird thing is the photos all look fine when you load them onto the computer with the given software.

Could anyone PLEASE give me some advise, i know i'm new but i dont want to be let down way this new camera, i never had a problem with the 300D, except for some stupid error99!

Cheers,

kepbem.

kepbem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2005, 6:06 AM   #2

Hi there...

in the camera menu just set "Exposure Warning" to "Off"; problem solved :-)

The exposure warning indicates overexposed areas as red and underexposed ones as blue. So when you lengthen exposure time but keep your aperture you overexpose and see lots of red on the display...

Cheers,

Michael
carpediem007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 8:34 PM   #3

Great!* Thank you for the tip.* I was having the exact problem and thought something was wrong...that is the problem with new babe...Tekken
Tekken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 9:02 PM   #4
DSG

The red areas you are seeing on theLCD where there should be white are simply areas of overexposure in your images...If your images arecorrectly exposed or underexposed you wont see any red where the whites should be....Its called exposure warning for a very good reason...It warns you that your shot is overexposed and that you should change the settings to compensate.

As carpediem007says, you can of course turn exposure warningsoff in the camera but thenyou wont have any warning that your image or parts of your image are overexposed, until you get home and find that the whites in the effected images are totally blown out and have unrecoverable lost detail.

You will find that you can switch the exposure warning on and off in SPP2.1 too.

If you prefer not to have warnings switched on in the camera menu then I suggest you use your Histogram instead...If you dont know how to read or use the Histogram then I suggest you read one of thefree onlinetutorialsthat will teach you how....Make sure you set theHistogram to display along with the2 second preview image that shows on the LCD after you have taken a shot, then you will have instant feedback on each images exposure and you can change your camera/lens settings to compensate if neccessary.

Regards

DSG

DSG is offline   Reply With Quote