Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (
-   Sony (
-   -   Battery chargers in England (

PNHII Jun 12, 2002 4:16 PM

Battery chargers in England
I'm considering taking my digital camera (Sony DSC-F707) instead of a film camera to England this summer. Can the portable AC battery charger be used in the outlets labeled for electric shavers without damage to the charger or battery? Also, does anyone know if there are places in England where images can be transferred from the memory stick to a CD, and then read using a PC upon returning to the States, without paying an exorbitant fee?

dpw50 Jun 12, 2002 8:10 PM

I used my Sony DCR-TRV310 in Yemen last year. Charger was good for either 110 or 220. I bought the gizmo so I could plug it into the pronged receptical. I think England is the same. Check with your Sony dealer. He will know what you need.
I think England uses PAL format. I so then you will have to have to translated back to NTSC when you get home. Yes, it will cost you an arm and a leg.

When you visit London take in the British Museum. They are exhibiting the Queen of Sheba until sometime in October. I shot the orginal movies 50 years ago and did another shoot last year. I am heading back to Yemen this fall for an update. Most of the exhibit are artifacts I helped excavate in 1952.

harryharris Jun 17, 2002 7:28 AM

PAL and NTSC are nothing to do with CDs! They're alternative video formats.

If you have photos on a memory stick burnt onto a CD, that's what you'll get - JPEGs on a CD.

If you come to Norwich I'll do it for free :-)

If you're visiting anywhere where they can burn CDs (ie anywhere with a modern computer) then all you'll need is a memory stick reader or the USB cable and the drivers disk.

If you want more into let me know.


Rusty Jul 24, 2002 3:07 PM

If you happen to come up to Yorkshire, i also will do it for free for you, i live nr Leeds in West Yorkshire.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:52 AM.