Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/sony-alpha-dslr-konica-minolta-dslr-sony-slt-77/)
-   -   Konica Minolta 7D lines on photo frames (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/sony-alpha-dslr-konica-minolta-dslr-sony-slt-77/konica-minolta-7d-lines-photo-frames-225907/)

jballen Jan 4, 2018 11:50 AM

Konica Minolta 7D lines on photo frames

When ever I use my 7D there are horizontal lines across the photos from top to bottom. This started out on just a few frames. Now they are on every frame. What is causing this? How do I fix it?

TCav Jan 4, 2018 2:45 PM

Sounds like a job for PRECISION CAMERA!

Konica Minolta had an extended warranty for this kind of problem with their 7D and 5D, and in 2006 when Sony bought Konica Minolta's camera business, they kept it up, but that expired years ago. I think you're out of luck getting it fixed for free, and it may cost you more than the camera is worth.

Any of Sony's A-Mount cameras, the A58, A68 and A77 II, will work fine with the lenses and accessories you already have (except the batteries.) And if you don't have any DT (APS-C only) lenses, there's also the 'Full Frame' A99 II.

jballen Jan 4, 2018 3:07 PM

Thanks! Looks like I start looking at A mount cameras...

TCav Jan 4, 2018 8:00 PM

Do you have many A-Mount lenses?

jballen Jan 4, 2018 8:59 PM

Just 2...

tacticdesigns Jan 17, 2018 9:45 AM

How attached are you to those 2 lenses?

I guess you could get a new (or used) a-mount camera.

Something like the Sony SLT-A3x / A5x / A6x / A7x / A9x series cameras.

Or you could get an adapter to use your A lenses on Sony's newer E mount. I think there are 4 adapters available. Two cropped and two full frame. The difference between the two in each format is whether it includes the additional hardware for phase detect autofocus.

Or . . . abandon the 2 lenses and switch to a different system.

Take care,
:)

jballen Jan 17, 2018 3:44 PM

I'd like to keep what I have, if possible. I'd like to get a full frame camera. Not sure what is out there. I need to start looking! Thanks!!

TCav Jan 17, 2018 7:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacticdesigns (Post 1413712)
... Or you could get an adapter to use your A lenses on Sony's newer E mount. I think there are 4 adapters available.

The APS-C size adapters, LA-EA1 and LA-EA2, have been discontinued, and the 'Full Frame' LA-EA3 is being phased out in favor of the 'Full Frame' LA-EA4, which has the 'Translucent' mirror system for phase detection AF.

tacticdesigns Jan 18, 2018 7:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jballen (Post 1413719)
I'd like to keep what I have, if possible. I'd like to get a full frame camera. Not sure what is out there. I need to start looking! Thanks!!

Are your lenses full frame?

If not, I personally would consider getting one of the A3x - A7x series cameras.

If they are full frame, I guess the options are . . .

1. Get an old A900?

2. Get a A99(II)

3. Get the adapter and a Sony A7-A9 series full frame mirrorless.

Personally, I would weigh the quality of the lenses against the cost of what it would take to keep using them.

Take care,
:)

TCav Jan 18, 2018 10:39 AM

Whether the lenses he has are 'Full Frame' or not, he's been using them on the APS-C 6MP KM7D, so any of the current A-Mount APS-C bodies would be most appropriate.

As of right now, the 24MP A68 (body only) and the 20MP A58 (with 18-55 kit lens) are the same price ($600). Since he has lenses he's been using on his 7D, I'd say that the A68 is the obvious choice. The only tough decision is whether he wants to spend the extra $600 to get the more capable A77 II.