Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/sony-alpha-dslr-konica-minolta-dslr-sony-slt-77/)
-   -   My first attempt with new camera (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/sony-alpha-dslr-konica-minolta-dslr-sony-slt-77/my-first-attempt-new-camera-213969/)

mistwalker1006 Feb 27, 2015 10:59 PM

My first attempt with new camera

1 Attachment(s)
My first ever picture taken with new camera

antony Feb 28, 2015 12:43 AM

Looks good to me.

Just in case you are not familiar with Sony's Eye AF feature (not to confuse with Eyestart AF), you can assign a button for camera to focus on the subject's eyes.

mistwalker1006 Feb 28, 2015 7:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antony (Post 1387258)
Looks good to me.

Just in case you are not familiar with Sony's Eye AF feature (not to confuse with Eyestart AF), you can assign a button for camera to focus on the subject's eyes.

I am not,( Yet) still reading( studying, obsessing over ) manual, and so far I only took 5 ( five) photos with the camera, but I know one thing I:) am spoiled by super zoom on my Panasonic it was so convenient being able to zoom from across the room, that's the only thing I miss, but with the more lenses which I still don't have I'll get over it :D

antony Mar 4, 2015 8:21 PM

Well, no super zoom in most DSLRs.

Sony's printed manual (Instruction Manual) can be boring to read. I usually find the online Help Guide be more useful, at least it's searchable.

Enjoy your new camera.

TCav Mar 5, 2015 5:53 AM

There are superzoom lenses available for dSLRs, but they tend to have more field curvature, distortion, chromatic aberration and vignetting than multiple lenses of less ambitious zoom ranges. Lesser cameras can get away with superzoom ratio lenses because they use smaller image sensors. Superzoom lenses for dSLRs with their larger image sensors are either not very good or very expensive, and often both.

Nice shot, btw. Cute model.

mistwalker1006 Mar 5, 2015 1:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antony (Post 1387407)
Well, no super zoom in most DSLRs.

Sony's printed manual (Instruction Manual) can be boring to read. I usually find the online Help Guide be more useful, at least it's searchable.

Enjoy your new camera.

I know, I already have this shortcut saved on my computer,

mistwalker1006 Mar 5, 2015 1:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCav (Post 1387416)
There are superzoom lenses available for dSLRs, but they tend to have more field curvature, distortion, chromatic aberration and vignetting than multiple lenses of less ambitious zoom ranges. Lesser cameras can get away with superzoom ratio lenses because they use smaller image sensors. Superzoom lenses for dSLRs with their larger image sensors are either not very good or very expensive, and often both.

Nice shot, btw. Cute model.

Thank you, she's my main reason why I wanted a camera,

TCav Mar 5, 2015 3:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistwalker1006 (Post 1387427)

I don't have any trouble believing that.

Hawgwild Mar 5, 2015 8:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistwalker1006 (Post 1387427)

If she were the ONLY reason, that would be enough!

trdelectronics Feb 17, 2016 6:29 AM

This camera is still awesome and and professional, it has lots of advance functions and features.