Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Sony Alpha dSLR / Konica Minolta dSLR, Sony SLT (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/sony-alpha-dslr-konica-minolta-dslr-sony-slt-77/)
-   -   Sony A100k's shipping! (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/sony-alpha-dslr-konica-minolta-dslr-sony-slt-77/sony-a100ks-shipping-95825/)

mikekeyw Jul 20, 2006 2:59 PM

My father just called to say that his Sony arrived today:cool:. I had thought that delivery had been pushed back but I guess not. He had submitted his order for the kit the first day Sony had pre-orders listed. He sounded like my son did when I surprised him with an X-box 360 the day after they hit the streets! With all the sounds of a package being torn open Dad excused himself so he could dig in with both hands.:DHas anyone else received theirs yet?

JimC Jul 20, 2006 3:10 PM

Congrats to your Dad!

Let us know how he likes it and post some pics. ;-) It started shipping in some regions last week. It's good to know that U.S. customers are starting to get theirs now, too.


Ltgk20 Jul 20, 2006 6:50 PM

I got mine Tuesday although I've been so busy I haven't had the chance to snap even one picture - maybe tonight.

belgian pie Jul 21, 2006 7:20 PM

In Taipei it hit the shelf yesterday and I couldn't make it to the store ... but as soon as I have the time I'll go in and it will be mine.

BTW, how is the alpha?

maxxum7d Jul 21, 2006 7:59 PM

and here are some of the samples from the much awaited alpha: http://www.sony.jp/products/Consumer...00/sample.html :?

mtclimber Jul 21, 2006 8:50 PM

maxxum 7d-

Thanks for posting the linkn to the Alpha photos. I can't exactly say that I am really blown away by the photos, they look very much like photos from the KM 5D and 7D.

MT

meanstreak Jul 22, 2006 9:17 AM

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:

maxxum 7d-

Thanks for posting the linkn to the Alpha photos. I can't exactly say that I am really blown away by the photos, they look very much like photos from the KM 5D and 7D.

MT
I don't think there will be a huge difference, but possibly the Alpha might have an edge with larger images where the extra megapixels might pay off.



William Kious Jul 26, 2006 11:44 PM

Actually, I think the image quality of the Alpha is HORRIBLE compared to my results with the 7D. I took some very fast sample shots at ISO 100 (using my 28mm f/2) and there was unacceptable noise. Basically, it's a 10 mp sensor, but I'll probably be reducing them to 6 mp to compensate for the noise.

Nice, huh? Thanks, Sony. I think the whole issue with repair parts for my broken 7D was just an excuse to coax me into buying this piece of junk.

I want my 7D back!!!

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:

maxxum 7d-

Thanks for posting the linkn to the Alpha photos. I can't exactly say that I am really blown away by the photos, they look very much like photos from the KM 5D and 7D.

MT

meanstreak Jul 26, 2006 11:58 PM

William Kious wrote:
Quote:

Actually, I think the image quality of the Alpha is HORRIBLE compared to my results with the 7D. I took some very fast sample shots at ISO 100 (using my 28mm f/2) and there was unacceptable noise. Basically, it's a 10 mp sensor, but I'll probably be reducing them to 6 mp to compensate for the noise.

Nice, huh? Thanks, Sony. I think the whole issue with repair parts for my broken 7D was just an excuse to coax me into buying this piece of junk.

I want my 7D back!!!
Not a good sign.... so far you and one other owner are not happy with the Sony. Maybe it will be OK for someone who has not useda 5D or 7D. Is the Sony returnable? If so you could always take a chance on another 7D.



William Kious Jul 27, 2006 12:30 AM

Believe me, I've considered returning it. The thing is, finding a new 7D in-box is virtually impossible (and I wouldn't want to buy one used.) Plus, I don't want to get wrapped up in another repair fiasco. I would consider switching to another brand, but I highly doubt I could get a decent return on the equipment I have.

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:

Not a good sign.... so far you and one other owner are not happy with the Sony. Maybe it will be OK for someone who has not useda 5D or 7D. Is the Sony returnable? If so you could always take a chance on another 7D.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:13 AM.